Comments

29 comments

• Official comment
    Helena Carter

Hi Everyone,

Wolfgang - thanks for sharing this post. My colleague has provided the official reply under this post regarding the issue with Magic Mouse:

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360006726379/comments/360001015160

Comment actions Permalink
    Ronald Skinner

I'm having the same problem, I barely touch the mouse and it scrolls to another photos, it is way to sensitive and very irritating 

franck sebert

I have a same problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZT0AmhHmn4 

Ronald Skinner

Yeah it's very frustrating, I'm scared to touch the mouse, cause every time I do it scrolls to another photo and speaking of scrolling, when I do want to scroll through photos that I've edited it takes about 10 seconds to apply the adjustments before you can scroll to the next photo and I have a fast computer.

franck sebert
    Here is the answer received today !!!

Hi Franck,

We cannot reproduce the issue on our side.

This might be due to the fact that the scroll is being touched in this situation.

Please, try to use another mouse, and let us know how it works.

Happy Holidays!

Maryna
    Skylum Support Team
    Great Photography Differently
    Web: www.skylum.com
    Connect on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter

Ronald Skinner

That's crazy everyone using a Magic Mouse has this issue, I'm really beginning to wonder how they are doing their testing, we shouldn't have to try another mouse, I don't have problems in other programs using the magic mouse. I notified them about this issue the other day I'm curious to see what response I'll get.

Paul van den Broek

meetoo#

Same Magic Mouse problems..

franck sebert

Malgré la mise à jour cela ne fonctionne toujours pas !

Denis Kotsee

We'll fix this issue in 3.1.0.

David Eraso

Same issue here, I was about to start a new post and this one showed up.

This makes it unusable for me, it's way too sensitive, frustrating, and annoying to say the least. 

Can't imagine anybody who would want this, but it's definitely useless for anyone with a Magic Mouse. 

Maybe give us the option to turn it off for those that don't want it? That would be great.

Looking forward to the update.

Vereslavska Anna Veres

The update that fixes this issue will be released within a month.

Your patience is highly appreciated.  

Carl Farber

Hope Skylum can fix this issue. Magic mouse II scrolls through images almost every time you touch it making it fustrating to use. Turning off gestures in control panel has no effect. Surprised Skylum didn't catch this in beta tests.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Carl! We are working on it, thanks for the feedback.

Rafał Januszek

I have the same problem. I can't work with this problem. Another mouse? Very funny....

Vladimír Bělohradský

Same problem. However I would love to have option completely disable this feature while editing. Nothing is worse than loosing track when being in middle of edit process.

Chris Crayton

It's not just the mouse, I have been fighting this all day long with the Magic Trackpad with the same issue. Hey Skylum, can you tear yourself away from the Windows version long enough to give us some options to turn this gesture off? How hard can this be? 

Preston Turner

3.1.2 STILL has this problem. For the LOVE OF GOD please fix this! It makes the program unusable on a Mac!

Kirk Osborn

Our tech team has fixed this issue and the fix will be included in the next update for Luminar 3.

Johannes Bohnacker

This sucks. Big time! Just downloaded 3.1.3 and guess what - no change. Ridiculous. Churning out one colorful automatic image enhancement after the other but not being able to add one simple checkbox to the prefs panel which disables mousewheel (= Magic Mouse touch) scrolling to flip through the library. There is no way I'll ever upgrade to 4.0 or any subsequent release unless this has been fixed. Can this really be so difficult? Engage any student programmer for one day. Or ask the guy who did the UI to spend 10 minutes and you're done.

Kirk Osborn

I have passed on this info to our tech team for further investigation. Please stay tuned.

Roelof van Rosmalen

I am new to Luminar and have the latest update 3.1.3. I work with an Apple Magic Trackpad 2. Editing a picture becomes very frustrating when in the middle of it you suddenly loses your picture and another one becomes active. This happens all the time. It makes no difference if the filmstrip is visible or not.

I like all the editing options of Luminar and I hope this problem will be solved soon. Thanks.

Rudolf Lucas

Nothing was fixed. The same problem as before with the new Version.

Kate Williams

Hi, 

We do collect our customers' feedback regarding this issue and report it to our engineering and business team. These reports have been forwarded for further discussion too, so please stay tuned. Once there's any news, we'll make sure to get it across to our community. 

Wolfgang Jarcik

Das haben wir schon vor 8 Monaten gehört - und nichts ist passiert, und ich glaube sogar es wird auch nichts mehr geschehen.

Rudolf Lucas

Everyone using an Apple Computer with the Apple Magic Mouse seems to have this problem. So the engeneering team has to work with nothing but the Magic Mouse, so that they recognize, that it isn‘t possible to use Luminar 3 without getting angry. 

Craig Rouse

For the love of GOD fix this problem. I dread even opening Luminar 3 anymore.  Why the hell I preordered Luminar 4 is beyond me. This should be a free upgrade considering 3 has NEVER worked properly on a Mac. This problem was reported nearly a year ago and it is still not fixed.  That's just pitiful. 

Richard Chapman

Still a problem in Luminar 4 &(*#&R98#&R(

Preston Turner

So oddly, for me it is much better, but still present. Where formerly the program randomly skipped forward 5-6 images, it now only skips 1 or 2. I don’t have this problem with ANY other software on my Mac. Sigh.

Post is closed for comments.