Opening raw file in L18 seems to have some edits applied

Comments

5 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jerry,

Both Lightroom and Luminar apply default processing to raw files in order make the raw files readable as images. Each application using different processes to accomplish this which is why the default result can differ.

Comment actions Permalink
    Jerry Dean

Wow it seems that opening my Fuji X100F raw files in Luminar 3 is even a worse experience then Luminar 18.  The sky is blue not like it was when the photo was exposed and the rest of the image is way underexposed.s. This was with the Luminar default profile so I then chose the Adobe Standard profile in the raw develop filter expecting it to render the file close to what LR is showing, it does not, it actually looks the same at the Luminar default. As much as I like editing with Luminar at this time I cannot see me leaving LR for Luminar 3, the processing of the raw file is just not acceptable to me.

Jerry Dean

Something new to add to this, I recently found out that OSX Mojave does not support X100F compressed raw files, perhaps maybe this may have something to do with the look of the way Luminar is processing the fuji file.  I will try this again with non compressed Raw Fuji files.

Jerry Dean

Dayo Akanji, I understand this but I fo not want file to have ran oversaturated blue sky and the rest of the image underexposed black, something is not right with this type of rendering.  I have read on the Facebook Skylum group that others are complaining with Luminar 3's rendering of Fuji files. So it is just not me.

Dann Lavery

Would it be possible to have a toggle option within L3 preferences, to "apply/take no action" related to Skylum's tone curve?

Please sign in to leave a comment.