Luminar 3 Unusable

Comments

127 comments

Anna V

Hi Meiko Meissner

We will still release the updates for Luminar 3, fixing the issues. 

Hope for your patience and understanding. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Tobias Braun

But there was a Roadmap with new features announced and the library feature is not usable. How can you already work on something new before releasing what you promised. I bought the cat in the sack last year. Luminar 2018 or flex is OK, but Luminar 3 is not usable. Eg. the result of an image is not correctly saved. It looks then totals strange in the overview and it is just slow. Skipping the lob function is the only way possible to use Luminar 3. We all should get Luminar 3 working an not this alpha version you currently offer. Mylio for instance can handle a lot of pictures easily, but has in the end a pay wall for user with a lot of pictures an Raw editing... I really hoped Luminar 3 could be the fundament for my workflow.

Martin Zwigl

Similar problem here.
    Trying to "add folder" (it is a OneDrive folder, but all files ARE on the disk)
    most sub-folders stop after 61-62 images. 
    does not matter if I add the sub-folders each separately

seems to work (at least when testing)  when I IMPORT folders and have them copied. - which is not an option for me

Kirk Osborn

Hi. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support so we could investigate this issue further.

Sandra Chung

Really? After a few years of problems, you still respond with "contact us to investigate'?  

Allow import albums and folders already created. It's asinine for me to have every album/folder I have created over the course of 15 years have to be RE-created in Luminar, or I have to have every flipping photo in one HUGE window, and having to slog through them all. It's stupid. How difficult is it to make Luminar accept drag and dropped folders?

Nevermind.  I re-iterate. Use Luminar as plugin for OTHER photo processing programs.

Elena O'Brien

Hi Sandra,

We've heard this request quite a lot, so maybe we'll do it in the future.

However, it is unlikely to be implemented in Luminar 3 as it is our legacy app. Hope you understand!

Tobias Braun

Hi Elena,

what your wrote really hits the problem with the philosophy your company follows. You release a software with a lot of promises and never deliver them, additionally the software is full of bugs and terrible slow. And we as customer are asked to buy the new version to get it fixed? Sorry I do not use L3 any more since a long time now, I tested L4 and requested a refund, I also read an article about AI and how slow it is. Please first deliver what was promised and fix the issue your old software has before announcing new versions behind a paywall. I will not buy anything from your company any more. Other probaply will follow, but then it might be too late for this product.

Please sign in to leave a comment.