Luminar 3 download and install problems Mac

Comments

11 comments

Alina Skylum

We have already fixed this issue with Chrome. 

Please try again. 

Comment actions Permalink
    LeRoy Anderson

I have Luminar 2018 and tried to install and activate Luminar 3 (with libraries) on my MacBook Pro.  The problem arises after I have completed the download and installed it in my Applications.  I open and it tells me "Let's get started" and then goes to the next screen which asks where I want to store the Luminar Catalog.  The default is Pictures but everything ends there and I can't move beyond that screen.  I can't use the program because the setup is not complete.  

Has anyone else had this trouble?  What's a solution?

12-31-18  solution — I found the problem.  After download as I began install, page two set the library folder location but I could never see or find the “Next” button” and install never completed.  Finally, after searching install videos I saw the second page with a picture of the next button in the lower right corner.  Returning to my install I could see the “Next” button was covered and hidden behind the tool dock on my MacBook Pro.  When I minimized my dock I could access the “Next” button and successfully complete installation. Luminar 3 works flawlessly.

peter kuijken

I have Luminar 2018 and repeatedly tried to install and activate Luminar 3 with libraries on my iMac. I can download the installer but it won't open. Can you help me, Alina?

Dick Behling

I downloaded Luminar 3 onto my Mac.  Clicking on the "Luminar Installer" takes me to a "Contents" folder.  Clicking on that gives me six (6) folders, none of which will or directs me to a further "Installer".  Am dead in the water.

Operating system is Mojave.

Colin Grant

Have you tried re-downloading. All you need is the dmg package. With mine it was a standard Mac install, no jumping through hoops (folders). Alternatively have you tried via the L2018 check for upgrade route? All assuming you have 2018 of course.

This is what my installer looks like:

SteveRB511

I also can't get the installer to work. I've tried downloading and installing Luminar 3 on mac OS 10.14.2, over the past couple of days and each time it reaches "Installing: 100%" and then stalls -- nothing actually gets installed even when left over night. I've tried the installer that was linked to in the Skylum emails that I've received and directly from my account page on the Skylum site.

peter kuijken

To Colin Grant: I did (of course) what you proposed. I removed L2018 and tried the installer for Luminar 3 again. It didn't work. I changed the the privacy settings/firewall on my computer; no solution. Frustrating. It undermines your faith in the program and the company. I think we just have to wait a few days. Did somebody say it would be wiser to wait for two weeks before downloading a new version of a program....

Angela Andrieux

Please try installing Luminar from a user account on your Mac that has administrator privileges. The installation should work normally if your user account has all the necessary permissions.

If the installation still doesn't work, download the full app file from here.

If you still have trouble installing please contact us at www.skylum.com/support

SteveRB511

Thank you, Angela; going to my admin account worked.

Up until Luminar 3 I have been able install applications in my non-admin account by just entering my admin  username and password so I did not expect this.

Helena Carter

Hi, Steve. Great to hear it worked. We always recommend to install plugins from admin account for the smooth performance.. 

Ben Wheeler

Hi there
    I've also just hit the problem that the Luminar installer will not ask for an admin user & password when trying to install to /Applications using a non-admin account, but simply refuse to install. This gives a poor first impression. Please consider adding this feature, or use the standard installer toolkit that almost every other Mac app uses that will take care of it for you.
    Thanks

Please sign in to leave a comment.