The halo effect still occurs

Comments

6 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Marcin,

I'm sorry that this issue hasn't been addressed to your satisfaction. Can you clarify which Filter you are using to adjust your highlights and shadows? Luminar offers several filters that have these sliders. Thanks in advance!

Comment actions Permalink
    Marcin D

Angela,

I use higlights and shadows from RAW Develop section. Believe me, algorithms in version 1.1.1 of Luminar worked much better! I wrote about it many times, on FB, here on the forum and in correspondence with your team. I also sent samples. However, "use other tools" does not satisfy me. I really like Luminar's workflow so I care about the correct operation of this program.

Angela, you've probably noticed in many pictures on FB that the halo effect occurs. It is not the best Luminar advertisement that has a lot of potential.

With best wishes!

Angela Andrieux

Hi Marcin,

Thank you for clarifying which Filter you are using. I will share this with our team and see if I can get an update on this for you. I do recall the other posts you've made on the subject.

Denis Kotsee

Hi Marcin,

We appreciate your caring about Luminar - and I'm very sorry that the new release doesn't work as good as you'd like it to on this photo. Here are the things you can try to achieve more satisfactory results:

1. Avoid setting Highlights/Shadows sliders to extreme values.
    2. If you set a slider in RAW Develop to a moderate value and find that it doesn't give you the results you're looking for, add a Highlights/Shadows filter to the stack and tweak the highlights and shadows in it. Again, avoid setting the sliders to extreme values.
    Josh Bourgeois

I've seen the same problem, I notice the halo effect when I boost the shadows even as little as +30 so not extreme at all. In Lightroom I can slide the shadows to +100 without any problem. The highlights brought down don't effect halo much. The main problem I've seen is in the Shadow slider.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Josh,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll gladly look into it for you.

Please sign in to leave a comment.