Love everything Skylum, BUT I want mobile solutions

Comments

5 comments

Peter Gutbrod

I partially agree with you.

Since Apple Photos it is very tempting to see my new photos magically synchronize between all my Macs/iOS devices and even the edits synchronize immediately.

But I'm not an "store all in the cloud" guy. Mainly because I have a huge archive of pictures mostly RAWs that won't fit on any cloud storage. And that is the main reason for me why Apple's approach of a single library that synchronizes to iCloud doesn't work for me. And using multiple Photo's libraries for online/offline storage is a nightmare.

I'd like to have a mobile solution that allows me to do at least some Luminar edits on my iOS devices and have new photos and older selected favorites including edits synced between devices. These pictures could then be stored in the cloud but I have control what is in the cloud and what is stored local.

Comment actions Permalink
    Dann Lavery

@Peter:  I also have many hundreds of Gigs of data.  FYI, I'm looking into Amazon for online storage options.  Their "Glacier" platform seems very reasonable $ but has some functionality one needs to consider.  Amazon's S3 is another option.

As far as mobile editing, Skylum may someday have something like Affinity Photo for iPad has today.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/ipad/

Hope you find the right solution for you.

Peter Gutbrod

I'm more in the TB range.

Thanks for pointing out the Amazon storage options.

I'm really impressed what Serif did with the iPad version of Affinity Photo. I've bought it just to sponsor their work. Though I was very good in Photoshop 3 (yes 3 not CS3 ;-) ) meanwhile I prefer simpler tools like Luminar.

Would be great if Skylum would have something similar for Luminar but I wouldn't hold any bet that this will happen in the near future.

Dennis Brockman

Thanks for your comment, Peter. I think you mean to say that there is not an Cloud storage that you are willing for which to pay when you say there is not enough room. Cloud storage solutions have virtually unlimited storage. Brian Matiash, a professional photographer and educator shares that he has seven terabytes of his images stored with Adobe. There is enough room for your assets in the cloud.

Lee Bo

I too would love to see a mobile option.  I started using Luminar 2018 and now have Luminar 3.  Really like it and it has been my go-to editing software, only having to export to Lightroom for watermarking.  Yes, I know it can be done in Luminar but it looks to be a bit lengthy process.  So for now I'll keep my Above Creative Cloud subscription so I can use Lightroom CC on my iPad.  I also keep my RAW files on an external hard drive that I do copy over to my home PC that I have backed up with Backblaze, so I still have cloud stored copies of all my RAW images.

Please sign in to leave a comment.