Database opening failed

Comments

79 comments

Enrique Iborra

Es realmente vergonzoso que tenga que ser el propio usuario el que haya de seguir instrucciones para parchear los graves errores de diseño del programa. Tengan un poco de vergüenza y un mínimo control de calidad antes de lanzar sus programas. La imagen que ofrecen a los usuarios es la de un equipo informático dirigido por el Pato Donald. ¡Un poco de profesionalidad, por favor!

Comment actions Permalink
    SCHL1TZER

Hi *.

I had the same problem as you all (Version 3.0.2.2186). Forget all tha re-installing and registry-cleaning. None of that will work. What worked for me was deleting the whole 'application data'-folder as follows:

• go to the folder C:\Users\<yourUsername>\AppData\Roaming\Luminar 3
    • delete the whole content of the folder
    • Start Luminar 3 and run throught the wizard again

I did NOT use the default database folder, but used a custom folder on the D:-drive. Now it works for me.

Have fun.

Michael Ganz

@Kirk Osborn
    I have done it and it the Database opening error is solves, however, the program is still not working, I cant see anything when it is open after 5 minutes.
    Any solution?

Jorge Alfonso S

I just did what SCHL1TZER said and it worked…     (thank you)

SKYLUM TEAM I THINK YOU NEED TO CHECK THIS AND ANALIZE IT FOR A ROOT SOLUTION!!

Dmytro B.

Hi Jorge, we're working on this particular issue. We also recommend re-naming the Luminar Catalog file, it should also help and it's a faster workaround. Please note that the App Data folder is a hidden folder. 

• Hellow, we buy luminar 3, and this is hapenned  when we tray install in Windows 10.

Error: Database opening failed

We need a solution

Answer for all: THE SOLUTION IS: Delete all content of the folder: C:\Users\(YOUR USER)\AppData\Roaming\Luminar 3\

Note : Remember - ! AppData is a hidden folder ¡

Graham Remington

I PRESS ON WINDOWS    +R

Hi,

Database opening failed

This is what I get back ,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<DAMStateSettings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

<SelectedDocumentGuid>F3ACE6B9-D497-4474-83A5-AFA5942AD56A</SelectedDocumentGuid>

<SelectedNodeId>1_1803</SelectedNodeId>

<MaxImportsCountToShow>10</MaxImportsCountToShow>

<MinIntervalBetweenImportsMinutes>60</MinIntervalBetweenImportsMinutes>

<SelectedRightPanelView>Library</SelectedRightPanelView>

<SelectedMode>Gallery</SelectedMode>

<RightPanelWidth>278</RightPanelWidth>

<CatalogPath>C:\Users\mines\Documents\desktop.ini</CatalogPath>

<CachePollingInterval>00:00:15</CachePollingInterval>

<RAMCacheSizeMb>512</RAMCacheSizeMb>

<SumPreviewSizeMb>1000</SumPreviewSizeMb>

-<PreviewSizes>

-<KeysAndValues>

<Key>Tiny</Key>

<Value>120</Value>

</KeysAndValues>

-<KeysAndValues>

<Key>Small</Key>

<Value>300</Value>

</KeysAndValues>

-<KeysAndValues>

<Key>Medium</Key>

<Value>600</Value>

</KeysAndValues>

-<KeysAndValues>

<Key>Large</Key>

<Value>900</Value>

</KeysAndValues>

</PreviewSizes>

-<PreviewCachePolicies>

-<KeysAndValues>

<Key>Tiny</Key>

<Value>04:00:00</Value>

</KeysAndValues>

-<KeysAndValues>

<Key>Small</Key>

</KeysAndValues>

-<KeysAndValues>

<Key>Medium</Key>

</KeysAndValues>

-<KeysAndValues>

<Key>Large</Key>

</KeysAndValues>

</PreviewCachePolicies>

<SuppressFullImageLoad>false</SuppressFullImageLoad>

<PreviewQueueThreadsCount>2</PreviewQueueThreadsCount>

<SelectedGalleryItemHeight>Medium</SelectedGalleryItemHeight>

-<RecentCatalogs>

<string>C:\Users\mines\Desktop\Backup\Raw photos from philippines 8-08-2018\DSC_9481.NEF</string>

<string>C:\Users\mines\Documents\desktop.ini</string>

</RecentCatalogs>

<NodesSortSettings/>

<IsFirstLaunch>false</IsFirstLaunch>

<ProfilePerformance>false</ProfilePerformance>

</DAMStateSettings>

I WOULD LIKE TO GET LUMINAR 3 UP AND RUNNING , HOW LONG DOSE IT TAKE you guys to GET BACK TO ME ?

GRAHAM REMINGTON

Graham Remington

Why couldn't you guys  tell me the answer in the first place ?

Luminar 3 is working now , thank you very much .

Graham Remington

John Clark

What did Graham Remington do to correct his problem? I’m having the same database error problem when trying to open Windows Luminar 3.

Graham Remington

This is what did ,

Answer for all: THE SOLUTION IS: Delete all content of the folder: C:\Users\(YOUR USER)\AppData\Roaming\Luminar 3\
    Note : Remember - ! AppData is a hidden folder ¡

Tony King

Hi Graham,  please help me - how do I find the App Data hidden folder ??

Cheers

Tony

Tony King

Hi Graham,  please help me - how do I find the App Data hidden folder ??

Cheers

Tony

Nick Buchko

Tony, when you are in C:\Users\(YOUR USER), if you don't see the App Data folder, click on the "View" menu at the top left of the screen and then check the "Hidden Items" box. You should then see the App Data folder.

Nick

Enrique Iborra

¿Alguien sabe si el problema ha sido finalmente corregido en la descarga del programa actualmente?

Eric Clayton

Big thanks to Schl1tzer, your solution worked and ended weeks of frustration for me.

Jock Timmons

I couldn't get the free trial to work, kept getting the error message a month ago. Found this message board and the fix just now and NOW the trial has expired. I got to say I was looking forward to trying it, but having your users find the fix is ridiculous and not having it written into the installation file at this point is even more ridiculous, wonder what the support is like? LOL...Guess I will never know, I will stick with On1 and Capture One, good work Skylum!

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Jock, 

We will be glad to reset the trial for you.

This is easy to fix, we'll just need some information about your computer.

1. Download this application: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pf15jdigd0mgt4/ViewHID.exe.zip?dl=0
    2. Launch it.
    3. Copy HID1 and HID2 codes from the application's window and send them to us via

http://www.skylum.com/support 

With this info we'll be able to reset your trial.

Jock Timmons

Anna,

Thanks for responding and offering to reset the trial period. Here is the problem I have with the suggestion though, I am going to need to put more effort into trying to get your product to work or at least try it. I am going to need to install another app, get the codes and send them to you, wait a couple of days and they try it again.

You may or may not have the power to do what I am about to suggest, but this is the only way I am going to try it again. Reset ALL trial periods you have logged for everyone. What do you have to lose? I will answer that for you, nothing. People who got the trial to work without having to take these additional steps and who did NOT purchase it after, have for whatever reason moved onto something else. These people most likely aren't going to come back and use it for another 30 days for free, even if they do what's the loss?

I had moved on myself a month ago, then yesterday I received an email from Dan Bailey: http://danbaileyphoto.com/. I subscribe to his news letter and yesterday he sent one out about your new Luminar Flex software. I hate Adobe, so there was no reason for me to try it, but I thought, let me try the regular version again. Before I began the reinstall I searched Google for the error code this time and found this thread. Great, let me try it...NOPE...trial expired.

It took me longer to type this than it would have for me to do what you suggested, but I wanted to point out a fundamental flaw in Luminar's support model, which is don't make your users fix your product and ask them to put in effort to try it. I would also recommend, if you aren't going to re-write the install file to include the fix, at the very least mention it on the download page so people don't have to search the internet for a fix.

David Trujillo

Gracias Nick Buchko

Respuesta para todos: LA SOLUCIÓN ES: Eliminar todo el contenido de la carpeta: C: \ Users \ (SU USUARIO) \ AppData \ Roaming \ Luminar 3 \ (eliminar toda la carpeta)
    Nota: ¡recuerde! AppData es una CARPETA OCULTA ¡

esta me funcionó !!!!!

Please sign in to leave a comment.