version 3 bugs and questions

Comments

4 comments

Denis Kotsee

>The zoom function (circle/cross cursor) behaves inconstantly.

Please make sure the image has fully loaded before trying to zoom in. Double-click on an image in the full preview mode should bring you back to the library view, this is normal behavior.

>Check out the user guide for the list of shortcuts that currently work in Luminar 3 on Windows: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hQx5aAC0JgMFjP02TA2W5bsLi4564Mre6bi_s5FUhCs/edit

We'll add more shortcuts later.

>In the print dialog, there is no option to allow luminar to manage colors

At the moment Luminar uses the default OS printing dialog, and color management options are not available there.

>My interest is in the color-managed options.

Luminar uses the color management settings you have setup in Windows settings.

>Is there any way to get some information overlay on the images on the image browser

At the moment no additional information is available about images in the browser. You can view more details about a particular image you're editing in the Info tab when you're in the full preview mode.

We're constantly collecting feedback about user interface and features - we'll be improving and making adjustments to Luminar's feel and look in the future releases. Thanks for sharing your experience with Luminar 3!

Peter Hanmore

@Hans,

As far as I can tell, you are correct about the re being no configuration options at all.  I found it rather strange that there isn't at least a basic amount of configuration that can be set.  There are also only a few keyboard shortcuts - they removed most except for tagging photos - even though the shortcut commands are listed in the pulldown menus.

I also find the twisties (the little triangles for closing a filter?) very hard to hit exactly in the right spot - it was the same in L2018.  Solo mode would be very helpful.  Not quite sure what you mean about an info overlay - do you mean putting exif data right on the image?

Karel Suchanek

Hi all,

Luminar 2018 works on my computer correctly.

Now I made the update to Luminar 3. Unfortunately, it works funny.

First, I open an image from the library:

Then I make some adjustements:

Finally, when I return to the library or open an other image and then I return to my image, I see the edited image, but the adjustements are away and the tools (crop, transform, ...) do not work, the image can’t be  further edited:

What can be a problem?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Karel,

We need to be able to reproduce the issue on our end in order to understand at which point it occurs, otherwise it would be quite difficult to troubleshoot it. Please email us at support@skylum.com with a detailed step-by-step description of what you do in the software before encountering the issue. You can also make a screen recording. You can use Monosnap to record your screen: https://monosnap.com/welcome

If the issue occurs when you're working on an image, send us the image file. Here's how:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it may ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into an email to support@skylum.com.

Finally, attach Luminar logs:

1. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    2. Type %appdata%\Luminar 2018\mipl\logs in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    3. Send us the contents of the folder that opens.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Please sign in to leave a comment.