Luminar 3 First Impressions MAC

Comments

20 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi John,

Glad to hear the installation went well and that you are up and running! Let us know if any other questions arise.

Comment actions Permalink
    Tadeusz Cynkowski

Does it support Fujifilm X-T3?

Deborah Hinter

HI, Canada here.  Unable to see photos actually deleted when I delete from Luminar 3 with Libraries.  They are still in the FINDER.

Kim Austin

Same here John. It was nice to get the advance release in Australia. I'm spending more time with it when spare time is available -- really love it so far. Cheers from Bribie Island, QLD

Daniel S

I'm also from Australia and received the email 2 days ago. I've downloaded Luminar 3 from the link in the email but when I run the install, I receive an error saying "An error occurred while installing the app. Please try again later."

(Also not sure if this is a factor, I'm currently travelling and my mac time is not Australia time. Mac OS 10.12.6) 

John West

Hi All. Luminar 3 MAC File extension

Been editing sone old slides that were scanned. Noticed that the file name does not change to JPEG after editing [remains .tif]

Any thoughts?

John West

Forget I spoke, this was a large file and all the JPEGS were down the bottom even though it was sorted by capture time.

One thing the star rating I assigned to each .tif when editing, was not carried across to the edited .jpeg image. Is this the normal occurrence.

Cheers

John

John West

Follow on, I have done 77 basic edits Develop and Crop [some images rotated] then the system froze on Export to Image. I did not loose any work, when it reopened I was presented with the same screen I was working on, I was then able to finish the edit and Export as .jpeg. Screen shots attached.

MacBook Pro 13 inch Mid 2012 16GB Memory 1600 MHz Core i5 with 1TB SSD using Luminar 3

Denis Kotsee

@Tadeusz Cynkowski at the moment RAWs from X-T3 are not supported.

Denis Kotsee

@Daniel S if you're not currently in Australia, Luminar will, most likely, not install.

Denis Kotsee

@John West

>One thing the star rating I assigned to each .tif when editing, was not carried across to the edited .jpeg image. Is this the normal occurrence.

This is normal behavior, since JPEGs are new files to the library.

Regarding the crash on export: if you catch any more of those, please send crash reports along with the steps to reproduce the crash to the support team: https://skylum.com/support

Denis Kotsee

@Deborah Hinter I replied to the same question of yours in another thread.

John West

Hi All, performing more edits [this time a small folder of 20] and noticed that after I exported the .TIF I was working on to a .JPEG in the same folder, it did not appear (although both the .tif and .jpeg showed in finder).

After I quit Luminar 3 and restarted the program, both were then displayed in the folder. Is this expected?

Hope your workload is not too high with the 18th Dec. release

Cheers, John

John West

Sorry for the delay, had to reduce the size to drop file. This shows still only 20 images in the Luminar 3 library [before shutting L.3]

stanley schwab

when will X-T# be supported so I can use the software?

Haupi Tombing

Having the same issue of .tiff not saving to jpeg when exporting or 'sharing'. As well, Luminar 3 crashes when exporting an image. Any help would be much appreciated.

Ricky Naul

@Daniel S I have the same problem.  Did you find a fix?

Thanks

Daniel S

@Ricky Naul - Couldn't install it, even through use of VPN... I had to wait until it's official release which was today. 

Rodrigo schmid

same problem here, crashing when exporting

Rodrigo schmid

I just change the exporting folder for a folder on my computer instead of a external drive and it worked. I change again to export to a external drive and crash again.

Please sign in to leave a comment.