Luminar 3 for Windows and plugins

Answered

Comments

32 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Ann

Yes, Luminar 3 will work with most Photoshop-style plugins, such as those from Topaz and Nik.

Comment actions Permalink
    Ann Hassig

For Windows? I know it works with Mac but I haven't seen it mentioned for Windows users in anything I read about Luminar 3. I really hope its finally available!

Ann

Angela Andrieux

Hi Ann,

Yes, Photoshop-style plugins will work in the Windows version of Luminar 3.

Ann Hassig

Thank you Angela!!

Rodney Brown

Hi,

I'm trying to add the Aurora plugin to Luminar 3.  The manual says:

1. Open an image into Luminar 3.
    2. Click the Edit > Plugins menu
    • You can choose from Skylum plugins.
    • You can choose Plugins > Other to see autodetected plugins installed on your system.
    • You can choose Plugins > Other > Open Plugin… to navigate directly to an installed plugin to open it

Unfortunately there is no such menu, the only options under Edit are Undo and Redo.

The File > Install Plugins menu only attempts to install Luminar plugins to Lightroom and Photoshop.

Is this a Mac only feature?

Thanks

Angela Andrieux

Hi Rodney,

Can you verify which build of Luminar 3 you are running and the version of Aurora that you have installed? The options should be the same for Mac and PC.

Rodney Brown

Hey Angela,
    Aurora 19 is 1.0.0.2549 and Luminar is 3.3.0.0 (1533).
    Thanks,
    Rod

Bert Friedrich

Hi, I am afraid I am experiencing the same as Rodney: In Luminar 3 / Windows:, no plugin menu to be found, Win10 64, latest versions of Aurora and Luminar. (In Aurora, plugins work as expected)

Could you pls double check ? Thanks & best, Bert

Constantine Voronin

Hi, 
    I also see only Undo and Redo items in Edit menu.

Luminar version is: 3.3.0.0 (1533), windows.

Robert Kronberg

Hi Angela,

I have Luminar 3 3.0.0 (1533), and I only have the same options as Rodney describes.

Joshua Garvin

When I click on edit I am only seeing Undo and redo, there are no other options.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

--Joshua

Matt Savard

Same here. There is no plugins option. Im using the version that was released today.

Denis Kotsee

Sorry for the confusion everyone, third party plugins will be available on Windows in an update.

Bert Friedrich

Ah, thanks Dennis. Approx. when will that be?

Denis Kotsee

I don't know any fixed dates yet but the next updates on schedule are the hotfix for L3 by the end of this month, and an update to 3.1.0 by the end of January. These dates are preliminary though and may change.

Peter Horstink

ok that answers my question as well, same problem as well

Karen W

I've installed the latest update this week and I still only have the options to undo & redo in the Edit menu.  I have no option for plugins except to install Luminar as a plugin to Photoshop.  

Martial Fournier

Même chose pour moi?????

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Karen, 

I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

Please note that Luminar 3 for Windows doesn't support 3-rd party plugins for now but we will do our best to add this functionality in the future updates. 

Hi,

when watching youtube tutorials by other user of previous luminar 2018 version, there it was possible to use e.g. topaz impression plugins. Pleas add this functionality soon. I think this is what many users prevents from make the full switch from lightroom to luminar (in my case at least).

When will the update be released (as it was possible in earlier versions already)? Basically it is an automatic export/import functionality to and from other plugins...

Ann Hassig

Those videos showing Luminar using Topaz-or any other plug in-are videos of the Mac version. It took me a while to realize that's why Jim Nix was able to do so much in Luminar and I was missing a lot. They have been promising this feature for Windows for over a year now and the usual answer is that it's being planned or is "coming soon". I finally moved on to more capable-and stable- software.

Ryan Constantine

This still isn't done? C'mon, guys! Why aren't both versions at parity?

Kate Williams

Hi Ryan, 

It really is taking longer than expected, mainly because there're some tech difficulties with the third-party plugin support implementation on Windows. Our team is looking for the best way to overcome them, but there's no precise timeline for now. 

Once we have more information, we'll be sure to inform our community. 

Peter Simpson

Hi,

Will plugins be supported on Windows in Luminar 4?

Thanks, Peter

Helga Rowles

Hi Peter, I'm afraid the situation is the same as with Luminar 3, no ETA for plugin support for Windows at the moment.

As soon as we get some news, we'll be sure to let you know.

Peter Simpson

Hi Helga,

Thanks for your prompt response, that's a real shame. I thought OS related feature disparities of this magnitude were not a feature of modern software. I look forward to hearing some good news, after Luminar 4 is launched and the development team can return to the back-log.

Regards, Peter

Erik Yujuico

Are we still not able to use 3rd party plugins like Nik software in Luminar 4 for Windows?  This seems ridiculous as this was available in previous versions.

When will this functionality be available for Luminar 4?  I really want the ability to use Nik Silver Efex pro by DxO along with Luminar 4 as my base host

Margaret Bright

Hi Erik, 

Unfortunately, there's still no ETA for third-party plugin support at the moment. 

We will make sure to inform you as soon as some new information on this matter comes up.

Frank Garcia

Did this change?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Frank,

Luminar 4 has support for 3rd party plugins.

Please sign in to leave a comment.