Ratings not exported

Comments

3 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Remco,

How are you applying ratings in Aurora HDR or are you using Aurora as a Lightroom plugin?

Comment actions Permalink
    Remco van Santen

Because Aurora cannot display RAW images and relies on Windows (which does not support the Olympus .ORF format) I have to continue to use Adobe's Bridge. I use it to tag the image files with ratings. 
    After processing in Aurora, exported as jpgs, the ratings are stripped (or not discoverable in the jpgs) in Bridge. This makes finding the processed images  awkward and slow. 
    I hope you guys can fix this bug.

As an aside and raised elsewhere another legacy of Aurora's failure to provide for a RAW viewer/manager is that I am forced to continue to use Adobe and so want to drag and drop (the rating sorted) images. Incredibly Aurora does not provide a Control+W i.e. close the file option, and so I have to CLOSE the program and drag the images onto the Aurora icon to start it up. 

I cannot recommend Auroroa therefore and have felt tempted to request a refund. I can see the potential for a great product though.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Remco,

Aurora's sister software - Luminar will be receiving a major upgrade in a couple of days with a Library module that will allow you to view/sort/rate/etc. your raw images. It might be exactly what you're looking for and it will interface with Aurora HDR.

I will also let our developers know that the JPG export is stripping your ratings in your metadata. Hopefully we can get this fixed in a future update.

Please sign in to leave a comment.