Luminar 3 adding new libraries and update libraries

Comments

9 comments

Denis Kotsee

Judging by the description of the first issue, my first guess is that there is something with the files in the second folder that you tried to import. Are you able to import other folders, except for the problematic one? If yes, could you please send us the folder in question so that we could test it on our end?

As for the second issue, how are you importing the images to a folder that's already in Luminar? The correct way to do so is: File > Import Images (this lets you select the folder to import into and specify import settings).

Comment actions Permalink
    Konstantin Latsunas

I think the big problem is, that my folders are on a NAS (Disk Station from Synology).

With the NAS-Folders I have the following issues:

1.) Non of the Folders in the NAS is synchronized immediately - often it takes hours or I have to restart the Mac book

2.) After restarting the Mac book I can add Folders from my Hard Disk to the "NAS-Catalog" but it takes more then 20 minutes until the folder is imported to Luminar 3

... I added immages to a folder like you wrote .... but it seems that Luminar 3 has really problems with NAS Disk's .... when the computer is connected to the NAS via WLAN. So if you need more information let me know to help to solve the problem

And I had to realized, that the touch bar has no function any more in Luminar 3 ... :-(

regards Konstantin

Yves Royer

I have same issue, 

LIBRARIES on distant Disk (NAS Synology ) do not reconnect when reopening Luminar ... 

Would be nice to have a "RECONNECT" fonction somewhere so we don't have to reimport the whole library ( 20 000 +picts in my case ) 

But apart from this .. a great Software

Yves 

Denis Kotsee

We'll address the import speed in 3.1.0 that is scheduled for the end of January - beginning of February.

As for the NAS folders not connecting automatically after you restart Luminar, could you please let me know the following:

1. Are you able to access the network folder via Finder when the folder isn't displaying in Luminar? Just ruling out possible connection issues.
    2. Are the network folders greyed out and have a warning triangle near the folder title?

Also, try the following:

1. Create a folder on your NAS and copy 5-10 images into it.
    2. Add this folder to Luminar.
    3. Restart Luminar.

Does the folder connect normally on the second launch? If it does, the issue with other folders not connecting is due to the size of those folders. In this case I'd recommend waiting for 3.1.0.

Konstantin Latsunas

Hi Denis,

the more I use Luminar 3 the more I am frustrated .... but this at the end

to your questions:

1. yes I am able to access to to network folder via finder... I can copy/insert/delete files in the network folder very fine

2. No the are not greyed out an have no warning triangle

next questions:

1. I created a folder on the NAS and copied 3 images (jpg with 3mb) into it - (this folder is a sub folder that a had added in Luminar 3

2. I started Luminar .... the folder was there but with no images and greyed out but with no triangel

3. i restarted luminar .... but the same folder greyed and no images in the folder

4. then I added the folder to luminar .... the folder was greyed out and the message importing images pops up and stays by 0%. after 10 minute I canceled lunar by using the activity monitor

5 i restarted luminar

6. the folder is gone...

7. i triyed this many times but no folder

8. then I restarted the Mac book pro .... and the folder was here - but with no images

And some times when I open Luminar 3 most of the images are gone.... then restarting luminar and the computer and every images is here - and when not I have to restart everything new...

And I have more problems with luminar 3 but not only on a network folder also on folder on my ssd on my Mac book pro

creating a new catalog ON MY SSD ON MY MAC BOOK PRO. adding a folder on my Mac book pro with 100 images ..... it toks so long.... then when I want to edit the images it is soooo slow. and the masking tool also works not always..... I want my old seminar 2018 back!!!!! have you ever tried to export a images.....

i don't understand all the positiv youtube videos - I have a relative new Mac book pro 2017 with 3,1 ghz and 8 mb ram and it is so slow!

I love luminar 2018 but luminar 3 is not ready for public now

Denis Kotsee

Hi Konstantin, a couple of questions from our QA team:

1. What exactly is the model of your Synology drive?
    2. How is the drive set up? How are you connecting to it?
    3. What is the file system your drive is formatted in?
    Konstantin Latsunas

Can we Continue this via Mail. I dont want to Share My private Network Connections here
    I think you have My Mail adress
    Regards Konstantin

Denis Kotsee

Sure thing, I emailed you.

Yves Royer

Sorry for the  late answer .... 

OSX last version

Nas Synology DS 1010+

All updates from synology 

RAid 5 with two virtual disks 

Accessing via Tcp / fixed IP / Logging via admin account with Password

Network is Gigabytes 

My Problem is more OSX linked than Luminar ...

It seems that the connection is dropped after "a certain time " by Osx 

The cure I found is to add the same folder as a new folder in Luminar ...

The connection is much more stable when connecting through the network option of the Finder rather than using the shortcut of the device ... with is quid of weird for me ... 

Yes, the folder and subfolders were light grey and marked with a triangle !!

When I try to reconnect with the pop-up screen that appears .... nothing is working 

for the rest:

When adding  new folders / new pictures in existing folders it would be nice to have the option to manually rescan only parts of the tree folder 

Working fine with more than 30 000 pictures

Except the raw files from fuji that are too often bugging causing the prog to shut down !! 

Yves 

Please sign in to leave a comment.