So I am currently using Capture One 12 and was hoping to migrate to Luminar 3 but there are a few things that need to be addressed before it can actually be a real RAW Converter and most of the list addresses speed issues for production purposes. Most of your marketing material emphasizes creativity but when you're sifting through 1000's of files from let's say a wedding, the last thing you care about is creativity. You want production speed to cull, apply adjustments, crop and rotate and the basics. Luminar doesn't address this, YET!
Here's my list of needs before I can switch over:
- Keyboard shortcuts and optionally integration with a product Louepdeck
- A crop and rotation tool that doesn't require clicking done each time. See Capture One for the right way to implement this tool. In fact this should be for all the tools.
- File names in the library
- Ability not to have a catalog
- A preference page to view color management, tool settings, Monitor display resolution and the like.
- Parity with the MAC version and to use PS plugins
- Filmstrip on the bottom option
- A Levels tool
these are only a few of my favorite things. I look forward to the evolution of Luminar.
Please sign in to leave a comment.