A Few Items To Make Luminar a Production Tool

Comments

7 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your feedback! I will pass this list to our developers.

Comment actions Permalink
    Jean-Luc Richter

We absolutly need the number 3 above : filenames !!

What I really miss in Luminar 3 is also the Double Screen. In Capture One I use one screen for the catalog and one for editing. Please add this as soon as possible.

Paul Spatafora

Since my first writing of my production tool list, I discovered one huge missing feature. Most editors have a selection tools such as a lasso, magic wand and pen tools, however, Luminar doesn't. It does have a brush tool but it's rudimentary and really only works with the masking feature. The other glaring feature that it's missing is the ability to make a select, and then taking that selection and promoting it to a new layer. Alone with the selection and promoting features, I would recommend a layer masking tool to compliment this. These is a fundamental features of any editor and missing with Luminar.

It would be great if Luminar was a truly standalone photo editor, but I only see it as a basic RAW converter with lots of fancy special effects. 

Thank you for pointing out that there is not dual monitor support.

Paul

Anastasia Davis

Hii Paul! Thanks for all your thoughts on this. I will pass these comments also to our developers.

WIll Brown

Filenames, and specifically file types are critical. Trying to work out which is the jpeg and which is the Raw is impossible without clicking left right and centre

Doug Hamilton

I want to second Pau's #3 "File names in the library" and #7 "Filmstrip on the bottom option" recommendations from above. Also, can you make the images in the filmstrip automatic enlarge as the filmstrip window is stretched and enlarged?

Kate Williams

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the suggestion regarding the filmstrip. I will make sure to pass it to our team. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.