Comments

11 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Frank,

Luminar 3 comes with some smart album technology built in - such as by date, recently added, and recently edited. We'll be expanding on this functionality in the future.

As for searching for photos without edits, I will pass that idea along to our developers and hopefully we can integrate that in the future.

Comment actions Permalink
    Colin Grant

I though search on Exif etc was already in the roadmap, Angela. The DAM would be pretty useless without it and that search would work on edited and non edited photos.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Colin,

That is correct, but it won't be available in the December 18 release.

Richard Harrington

Traditional Smart Albums are on the roadmap.  Timing of release is not yet known.

Barry Komar

Smart Albums can't come soon enough.

Critical for my work flows.

Kevin Ford

This is a must for my continued support. Smart albums should be able to sort on EXIF info as well as Ratings applied, (I'm not sure if this makes it into EXIF info) and Edits made to images. 

Searching based on the following is a must:

File Type, Camera, Date (Range), Rating(s), Color, Flag, Rejected

Lennart

I second what Kevin sad. I was shocked after buying that this is not implemented. This is an essential basic feature of DAMs since ever. Luminar 3 was obviously not finished upon release, and now I'm asked to buy Luminar 4 before Luminar 3 even gets the most basic DAM functionality. This is a joke!

Anastasia Davis

Hi! As we mentioned, we will implement this functionality in the future. Stay tuned!

George Christian

I know you're busy on important updates like a new splash screen, but when might we see this feature? It's still not listed on the roadmap.

There is no way in the world I'd invest more money into this product when you still haven't delivered on what you said would be in this one.

Frank Fiorentino

@Anastasia I know I have seen this response before but I can't remember where.

Oh yeah...now I remember.  I have seen it in just about every Skylum response.  Good job with consistency.

Francisco Pereira

I need a way to make smart albums by rating (stars numbers) and other items like keywords and labels.

Please sign in to leave a comment.