Undo option with Dodge & Burn Filter

Comments

7 comments

David Tillett

Doesn't the History panel allow you to do that. On Mac each separate stroke can be stepped back. A separate stroke is defined by when mouse button is released, so you would need to keep releasing this at end of each stroke rather than brushing over a large area. Might be a slightly different way of working but would allow you to use History to step back. Or you could just erase the offending area and paint the correct area again.

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Alex,

I understand your frustration. I will pass your suggestion to our developers and hopefully we can improve this in the future.

James Leseke

Hum, is the panel different in Windows than it is in Mac? There's that nice little back arrow that seems to work fine ... if a bit slow.

Denis Kotsee

History panel looks and works the same on Mac and Windows.

Alex We

Using the History Panel will just remove the whole D&B filter (just like Ctrl Z) not single brush strokes. Erasing works of course, but it's very annoying when you've been used to just undoing every step for many years....

David Tillett

Are you releasing the mouse button at the end of every stroke? I have just tested this in both Luminar 2018 and Luminar 3 on Mac. If I make multiple strokes and tell Luminar that a stroke has ended by releasing the mouse button at the end of each then I can step back stroke by stroke using Ctrl-Z and using the history drop down.

All seems to be working as it was in Luminar 2018 on my Mac installation. It seems to be a standard in Luminar that the end of an action be it a mask stroke or adjusting a slider is denoted by releasing the mouse button. At this point the action gets included in the latest saved state in Luminar 3 which is both what is used when re-editing the image if that was the last action before returning to Library view, and for stepping back through history. For slider changes this means that as long as mouse button is held down values can be adjusted to get required result without each individual intermediate adjustment being recorded.

Denis Kotsee

Brush strokes can be stepped back on Mac. Currently on Windows the whole brush session gets recorded as a single step (start the brush tool - click Done to save changes). Hence, the history on Windows would step back in whole sessions. We'll adjust the Windows version to behave like the Mac version in one of the updates for Luminar.

Please sign in to leave a comment.