How to create preset pack or put presets into a folder?

Comments

15 comments

Maryna Skylum

Hi David,

Follow the steps to create a custom preset:

1. Adjust an existing preset or add your own effects to an image.
    2. Click the “Save Filters Preset” button in the lower-right area of the Filters controls.
    3. A dialog will pop-up at the top of the window asking you to name your preset. Give it a descriptive name to help you remember which situations to use the preset.
    4. Click the Create New Preset button to store the preset. Once you've added the preset, it will appear in the User Presets group.

Please, note that Luminar custom presets have the file extension .lmp, and they appear in the Custom category and the All Presets category.

Learn more here:

https://skylum.com/luminar/user-manual/2018/mac/working-with-presets

Comment actions Permalink
    David Clark

Is Skylum employing bots now? That's not what I asked, Maryna...

Leila Evans

Sorry for the misunderstanding. There's no way to create custom presets category for now. Only single presets that saves into Users Presets category. Also, you can find your custom presets in All Presets category or, if you mark them as favorite, in Favorite category.

Steve Ratts

@Leila,

Please ask the Devs to consider rolling this capability in (the creations of an mplumpack collection) as a feature request. I really want Luminar to succeed as a LR killer, and I know many others do too. Having the ability for the user community to invest in extending it is one way to accomplish that. It's also a great way for someone at the semi-pro/advanced level to try to build their brand and move up. I really think it would be in everyone's best interest to enable this. Clearly the SW exists somewhere to make an mplumpack file as you're able to do it now.

If possible here's what I think would be great (maybe your existing SW already does something like this?)

EDIT: Sorry for the stupid mailto links on the file names in steps 2 & 5 below, that's an artifact of the file name required which has an "@" in it. Clicking on that link won't get you an example file or anything useful like that.

1. Select user defined looks to include in the collection.

2. Select an image to use for the icon@2x.png file (automatically scale it to 260 x 180 if it's not already the right size). Set the color depth to 8 bit (I assume that's the right thing given the icon@2x.png files I've examined). This image should probably have one of the looks from the collection applied.

3. Allow the user to name the collection.

4. Create the PresetsInfo.plist file with the collection name the user specified in Step 3. (FYI to anyone wanting to create your own collection - that's just a text file, you can copy one from another collection and edit it. It appears all you need to do is change the one you copied to have the name for the collection you're creating.)

5. Create a new folder in the Looks folder using the collection name as the folder name and move or copy all the looks selected in step 1 into this folder along with the icon@2x.png and PresetsInfo.plist file.

6. Ask the user where they'd like to save the mplumpack file.

7. Create the mplumpack file in the folder specified in step 6 with the name specified in step 3.

Maybe there's a lot more to steps 1 - 5 that isn't apparent to me, but I can already (tediously) do everything but steps 6 and 7 to produce my own collection of looks. Obviously any user with a little bit of curiosity and determination can do the same. Preventing folks from making an mplumpack file when they could simply make and share a zip file with a readme.txt for instructions seems like a rather annoying choice to hobble users who would like to share their work. Can we add this to the list of things on the roadmap? I'm hoping it's really not that hard since clearly you've already got the capability to do steps 6 and 7.

Cheers,

Steve

Steve Ratts

Follow-up: What's the difference between an .mplumpack file and a .zip? I've experimented with changing the name of a valid mplumpack file to be ".zip" and it does decompress into a folder with the name of the collection and the same contents as found in the corresponding Look folder it creates. However, when I take a collection I've made (and which does appear in my Looks collection), and then create a .zip of that folder and rename the resulting file have the .mplumpack extension things don't quite work.

When I take the mplumpack file I've created I can double click on it and it says it's installed the look. Or I can right click on it and pick Open With choosing either Luminar 2018 or Luminar 3 - and again it seems to install. But when I go look at the installed Presets or Looks the collection doesn't show up, and when I look in the Presets or Looks folder all I've got is an empty folder with the correct name.

I think I'm really close to figuring this out - but I must be missing something...

Anyone have experience getting this to work?

Michael Schwartz

I'd also like to be able to create my own Luminar 2018 preset packs. Skylum, share with us how to do this, PLEASE. And, Steve, if you've figured this out please let me (and others) know. Thanks!

Daniel L

I followed Steves steps to create a Windows (yeah, I know...) tool to create own .mplumpack files https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360046880772-Looks-Collection-Creator-LLPC-to-create-own-look-colletions

Daniel

Steve Ratts

Curious. I click on the link and it takes me to a page stating I'm not authorized to see the content.

What's up?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Steve,

It looks like the page that Daniel referenced has been removed either by the original poster or an admin.

Daniel L

I have the message that the approval is pending?

@Angela: Is it ok for Skylum when I create a tool to create looks collections? Your software isn´t touched and it looks like that many users would like to have this possibility.

Regards,

Daniel

Kirk Osborn

Please note that only our affiliates are allowed to create and sell their Looks Packs. If you are able to create such a tool, please use it only for non-commercial purposes.

Daniel L

Hi,

@Skylum: Thanks for the approval.

@Kirk: Sure

Regards,

Daniel

Steve Ratts

@Daniel L,

Can you make the source code available? I'd like to take a crack at a port to Mac.

Thanks,

Steve

Daniel L

Hi Steve,

sure: http://www.mediafire.com/file/s3h1w7jrsqqrlcd/LLPC_Source.zip/file  If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

My tool follows your idea. You already wrote the steps to create a look collection. But unfortunately I have no experience on Mac... On Windows it is also possible to use Powershell. Maybe you can use something similar on Mac?

*EDIT: I updated it and added a video https://youtu.be/QajZ_r7mulU 

BR,

Daniel

John West

Hi Steve Ratts

Please let me know if you are successful on a MAC. I tried downloading the file with MediaFire and unzipping it but no luck on my MAC. Hope you can apply some magic and make it work.

Cheers

John

Please sign in to leave a comment.