Aurora HDR 18 & 19 close immediatly after loading image?

Comments

6 comments

Maryna Skylum

Hi Rick,

I'm sorry for the inconveniences.

We need to be able to reproduce the issue on our end in order to understand at which point it occurs, otherwise, it would be quite difficult to troubleshoot it.

Please, send us the original image files you have the issue with. Here's how:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and send it at support@skylum.com.
      Also, reference the link to this thread.
    Comment actions Permalink
    Stefan Puffer

I'm experiencing the same issues.  No matter what file I open, a single jpg or three tiff's Aurora HDR just closes.  I've reinstalled and I've also installed Aurora HDR 2018 and it's doing the same thing.  Windows 10, brand new Dell G7.  Aurora worked great yesterday.  Get home from work today and no matter what I've tried it doesn't work.  

Stefan Puffer

Okay, looks like I found the problem. I right clicked on the Aurora icon and saw that I could select which graphics process to run the application with.  The default was set to integrated GPU so I selected Nvidia instead and now it's working.

Stefan Puffer

Okay, I just found a solution that worked for me. I changed my default GPU from internal to NVIDIA and now Aurora works.  You can also right click on the Aurora icon and select the GPU to run the application with.  Running it using the integrated GPU would result in Aurora crashing.  Everything is now working fine for me.  

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Stefan,

We are pleased to hear that! 

Let us know if any assistance is needed.

Please sign in to leave a comment.