Comments

9 comments

Maryna Skylum

Hi Mark, 

Yes, there will be an opportunity to send your photos from Luminar 3 to Aurora HDR to create HDR images.

Comment actions Permalink
    Niranjan Acharya

Adding to the query, will the images be converted to lets say TIFF before opening in Aurora HDR? this is how it works with other software when Luminar is used as a plugin. This will simply increase the file size.

Mark Barnes

Thanks Maryna,

Will that function be in the release on the 18th?

Maryna Skylum

Yes, this function will be available for both Aurora HDR 2018 and Aurora HDR 2019.

Regarding the format of images, when you send an image from Luminar 3 to Aurora HDR, it will be converted into the TIFF format before opening in Aurora HDR.

Mark Barnes

Thanks Myrna!

Sorry, one more quick question:

When sending bracketed images from L19 to Aurora 18, can we send the RAW bracketed images or are they always converted to TIFF?

Maryna Skylum

When you send images to Aurora HDR in a plugin mode, they get converted into the TIFF format. So, if you want to merge RAW files, I'd suggest working with Aurora HDR in a stand-alone mode.

David Lawrence

will L3 export 1, or more, bracketed source files [raw] or edited copies with L3 adjustments to A2019, as Lightroom works? otherwise what is the point? i'm hoping to see L3 and A2019 talking to each other, via share or plugins.

I enjoy editing in Creative Kit 2016, will there be plugins like in the menu "Edit In" in Lightroom?

will Aurora HDR 2019 have access to L3 library?

Angela Andrieux

Hi David,

We'll add sending bracket groups to Aurora in the next update for Luminar 3. We planned to include this function in the initial release but there are some integration details that we need to iron out before shipping the function.

Ron Leckie

Agreed with much of the above commentary.  I love Luminar 2018 and Aurora HDR 2019.  However, Luminar 3 must be a huge embarrassment to Skylum as an extremely buggy release (3.0.1 did help).  But, if Skylum is one company, why are Luminar 3 and Aurora HDR not fully integrated.  It makes no sense to me to have to remove bracketed RAW images from the L3 library to merge in Aurora HDR, then export them back into the L3 libraries (as TIFF?) for further refining and archiving.

Looks to me as if these two products are developed by separate teams who do not talk with each other.  For Skylum to be the "Adobe killer", your two great apps must surely play well together.

Please sign in to leave a comment.