Disable Lens Distortion Auto Correction

Comments

9 comments

Maryna Skylum

Thank you for your suggestion.

I've forwarded it to our technical department for their consideration. 

Also, please note that in Luminar 3 you will be able to turn off the auto-correction option manually.

Comment actions Permalink
    fPrime

Thank you. I am glad to hear that the lens distortion auto-correction can be turned off manually in Luminar 3 (even though that this requires an extra step in the workflow). Hopefully switching off the distortion auto-correction setting can also be applied in batch across a set of RAW files?

Ultimately allowing users to set their own defaults for lens corrections in a global Luminar Preferences dialogue would be the best solution. Right now lens corrections are completely hidden in their own tab and can't be modified by simply applying a RAW preset. I can't tell you how often I've exported a RAW file in Luminar 2018 only to realize that I had forgotten to put a check in the chromatic aberration box.

Per Pettersson

I would really like the option to not have to go checkbox the "lens distortion" feature for each image I open up. An extra step in the workflow for each image...

Jon Samuelson

How can I disable auto lens correction? I'm using Luminar 3 [for my RX10 III] and it creates vignetting that actually distorts the image of my corners with black corners on each imported RAW file. I've never had this problem with Lightroom. I would like to import RAW, but this is problematic.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jon,

What you're likely seeing is actually the untouched raw straight out of the camera. Luminar doesn't apply any automatic lens correction. Instead, go into the RAW Develop filter, click on the Lens tab, and check the box for Lens Distortion. This should fix the issue. You can also further refine the results with the Lens Distortion and Devignette sliders in the same dialog.

Carl Morecroft

What if there's no checkbox? Does that mean the lens is not supported? It's not showing for pictures taken with my Sony 18-105mm 

Jon Samuelson

Everything is working out pretty nicely, now. I'm about ready to disable Lightroom from my monthly billing cycle, soon, now that I can work through the RAW process in Luminar!

Anastasia Davis

Hi Carl! There should always be the lens correction checkbox, you can find it in Develop/ RAW Develop filter. You can reach our customer support so we look into your case closer: https://skylum.com/support

Anastasia Davis

Hi Jon! Good to hear that!

Please sign in to leave a comment.