Luminar Windows will not start

Comments

16 comments

Maryna Skylum

Hi William,

I'm sorry for the inconveniences.

Please, ensure the following:

In case the steps above didn't help, please send us your PC info at support@skylum.com (also, reference the link to this thread):

• Press the Windows logo key + R.
    • Type msinfo32 in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    • In the window that opens, make sure you have System Summary highlighted on the left.
    • Click File > Export.
    • Type the name of the file and save it somewhere where you can easily find it
      and attach this text file to your email.
    Comment actions Permalink
    William Schmitt

Thanks, the downloads fixed the issue.

Bill

Maryna Skylum

Hi William,

Great to hear everything is fine now.

Do not hesitate to contact us at support@skylum.com if you have any further questions.

Steve Shaff

I am having the same problem as well.  Shall I send you the same information?  I've installed the latest intel video drivers - not sure what else to do????

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Steve, if you have already tried the solutions below and they didn't help, please send us the info about your PC.

Steve Shaff

Still waiting for response.  BTW I upgraded to Luminar 3; it does not run on Windows 10 either.  The gray Luminar 3 box shows for a few seconds and then disappears. Task manager shows nothing related to Luminar.

Should I try something else?  Do many people have no troubles with Windows 10?

Barry Sachais

What a friggin' mess. I'll be staying with LR, PS and ON 1 RAW. I understand mistakes happen and there are glitches. This release is a total mess. There were issues installing the program, and finally, it installed. It still hasn't thumbnailed my 23000 pictures after several hours. It certainly hasn't functioned as all the "affiliate" tutorials did. Goodbye Skylum. I'll be staying with ON 1 RAW. The functionality is the same and it works. 

Dennis Murphy

Installed Luminar 3 on my Dell 3000 PC running Windows 10. Installation was successful, however when I click on Liminar 3 icon the splash screen appears and disappears within 45 seconds. Windows Error Report was generated. Application Report was generated. Here are links to respective error reports:

Windows Error Reporting https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VllYrHtsFUnU1l3b1A4GIZlpZTVAoRBT-jePKcivk1o 

Windows .NET Runtime Report https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bLXu7Y4hruFq536d5I3ietAKdJ6IbbzdIhjWRAUYC1U 

Application Error Report https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_oHEp4SbzVWhQO33xMhrCa7EtZN_jVXOeRkFDHAXaik/edit?usp=sharing 

I successfully installed Luminar 3 on my Acer laptop running Windows 10. Program opened and ran successfully. The Acer Laptop has no where near the CPU speed, RAM or GPU of the Dell 3000. 

Suggestions???  

Denis Kotsee

@Dennis Murphy I have replied to the email you sent to support about this issue.

Steve Shaff

Denis, it appears that you have sufficient input regarding this windows problem.  Please tell us when the fix might happen.  I've tried all the things you have suggested, but with no success.  Why does the Mac version work "out of the box" and the Windows version does not?  I can understand why, but you should have had sufficient testing before telling us that it would work on Windows.  Your spokesman, Trey Radcliff, was very high on this program - it's the reason I purchased.  Now he is silent on the subject.  What gives?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Steve,

We released a patch last weekend (more info: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360036043011-Luminar-3-0-1-is-here) If you haven't already, please install it.

You can also visit the News & Updates section of the forum at https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/360000158652-News-Updates to read the Luminar 3 Updates From Support (to date there are 6 of them) for an updated list of known issues, estimated fix dates, and workarounds.

If you’ve encountered a problem not listed please file a support ticket at https://www.skylum.com/support. Thanks in advance!

Adam Kleczkowski

I have got exactly the same problem. However, I am unable to update the computer to NET 4.7.2 (apparently I have 4.7.0). Is there any work around?

Adam

Angela Andrieux

Hi Adam,

Please reach out to our team at www.skylum.com/luminar with a link to this thread and we'll see what can be done.

Chaim Lavy

I installed a W10 on my computer and Luminar does not launch..

You know about tis problem but you are not fixing this problem.

Is my purchase for 1 install stand?

If you can not solve the problem, give my money back.

William Schmitt

In mY earlier post I stated I had problems.

However with the latest release of Luminar and Luminar Flex, I haven’t had any problems. 

Bill

Helena Carter

Hi Chain,

Please, contact our Support Team via support@skylum.com so they can check what can be done.

Please, send them event logs:

1. Try to start Luminar 3.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries  and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your reply to your email.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Please sign in to leave a comment.