Aurora HDR 2019 crashes

Comments

10 comments

Maryna Skylum

Hi Ben,

I'm really sorry this situation happened.

We need to be able to reproduce the issue on our end in order to understand at which point it occurs, otherwise, it would be quite difficult to troubleshoot it.

Please, send us the original image file along with the .auh file at support@skylum.com. Here's how:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it may ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your email.
    Comment actions Permalink
    Stefan Puffer

I'm having the same issue.  Aurora HDR 2019 was working great yesterday but today it crashes each time it reaches "Final touches....".  I've uninstalled and reinstalled and still have the same issue.  Installed Aurora 2018 and it does the same thing.  Tried several different files and each time I end up with the same result...Aurora just closes when it reaches "Final touches.."

Stefan Puffer

I just tried it again using a single file and the same result.  The application just closes when it reaches "Final touches...."

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Stefan and Ben, 

As far as I understand, Stefan has already managed to solve the issue.

Ben, if you haven't found the solution yet, please check your GPU.

If you have 2 GPUs, please try to switch them.

Try to right-click on the Aurora icon and select the GPU to run the application with. 

If you have NVIDIA Graphics Card that supports Open GL 3.3, you can also go to Control Panel and choose NVIDIA Control Panel. Go to "Manage 3D settings" and make sure you choose the High-performance NVIDIA graphics processor.

Ben Braver

Anna,

Thanks! That solved it. My laptop has Intel UHD Graphics 630 on the motherboard, and a discrete NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 card. No idea how, but it had switched to the Intel. Selecting the NVIDIA got Aurora HDR 2019 running again. 

Ben

Eric Chappuis

Hello
    Anna, I have exactely the same.. was working, suddenly not, crashing during or just after "detecting objects"

above you mention "Try to right-click on the Aurora icon and select the GPU to run the application with. "

Sorry but I really don't understand how to do this (I know about right click ;-) . Is that for windows ??

Dmytro B.

Hi Eric, these instruction are for Windows OS, yes. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we'll try to find a solution for you.

Ben Braver

Eric Chappuis, my laptop has both intel graphics on the motherboard, and a discrete Nvidia GTX 1060. I had the same problem,in Windows 10. Right click on the desktop icon for Aurora, hover over "Run with graphics processor", and then select your high-performance graphics from the pop-up. You can also change the default graphics processor here.

Eric Chappuis

Hello
    I found out that this menu is brought by the nvidia gpu. In my case I have a radeon .
    I found how to add a profile for aurora. Closed for me ;-)

Please sign in to leave a comment.