Comments

6 comments

Denis Kotsee

Facial recognition won't be available in the initial release of Luminar 3. We're planning on gradually introducing more AI-powered tools in the upcoming updates for Luminar.

Comment actions Permalink
    John Holden

Not a feature that interests me but i appreciate that others may want it. 

The one time I tried (in some other software), it came up with rocks (no, that's not a face) and all sorts of junk. 

John

Frank Fiorentino

how about getting the basics of a DAM implemented first. Libraries should not be used in the same sentence as a DAM.

John Holden

Who mentioned Libraries?

That apart, agreed, but no harm in lining up future requests even if you or I persoanlly don't find the feature useful..

John

Frank Fiorentino

right.  no harm in lining up requests however I am just pointing out the the request (and company promise) for a DAM is no where near implemented.

Kert

Hm. The initial answer "Facial recognition won't be available in the initial release of Luminar 3. We're planning on gradually introducing more AI-powered tools in the upcoming updates for Luminar." by Denis Kotsee  does not address the question asked directly as far as I can see. It notes that its not gonna be available initially and that there will be some kind of "AI-powered" additions in the future but does not say if facial recognition is one of the planned features sometime in the future or not.

As far as I can see its not on roadmap.

Considering that a number of main competitors have it (Lightroom, ACDSee 2019, for example) it seems highly likely to be one of the things added also into Luminar 3. If that is indeed planned in the foreseeable future perhaps it would be worth adding it to the roadmap explicitly. Considering competitiors are making kinda big deal out of having it. Even if its not coming in immediate future.

Please sign in to leave a comment.