Aurora HDR 2019 as a plugin for Luminar 2018

Comments

7 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Steve,

At the moment Luminar 2018 looks for the plugin for Aurora HDR 2018 - not v2019. This will be fixed in the December 18 update.

As for your other Skylum products such as Snapheal and the other CK apps, they have been retired and are no longer supported which is why they don't show as available plugins.

Comment actions Permalink
    Steve Kruger

Thanks Angela.. ok what then is the alternative to SnapHeal in Aurora? And will SnapHeal also disappear from
    Luminar 3? Quite honestly the healing tool in Luminar 2018 is very basic, which is why I used SnapHeal.
    Looking forward to your input
    Steve

Angela Andrieux

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately there isn't an option for erasing in Aurora. If Snapheal is still working well on your machine I suggest doing your edits in Aurora HDR 2019, and then exporting a high resolution TIFF to do any final touches in Snapheal as a standalone, rather than as a plugin.

It will likely be the same for Luminar 3 when it is released.

Steve Kruger

Ok Angela..thank you for your answer. 
    I cannot say that I am happy not to have an erase option available in either Aurora HDR or Luminar 3. The erase tool in Luminar 2018 was only adequate but I was pretty happy with SnapHeal. I will wait to see what the erase and clone options are in Luminar 3. I am happy to do the HDR in Aurora and then do final touches in Luminar...but to have to incorporate an export to a  third party stand alone app is not very satisfying.
    Like many people here I am looking to escape from the Adobe products. 
    Anyway we will see what comes with the next updates. 12 days to wait.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Steve,

Sorry if I wasn't clear - Luminar 3 will have the same Erase and Clone/Stamp tools currently available in Luminar 2018.

Mar _ch

I purchased Luminar 3 and Aurora HDR 2018. I would expect to open Luminar and use Aurora as a plugin. Luminar and Aurora seem not to find each other. 

Angela Andrieux

Hi Mar _ch,

Aurora HDR 2019 needs to be updated before it can support Luminar 3. While we're preparing the update, you can try the following solution:

1. Open Finder, click Go > Go to Folder and paste the following path: /Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software/Luminar3/Plug-Ins. There will be a bunch of files in there, the one you're interested in has .plugin extension.
    2. Copy the .plugin file somewhere where you can easily find it.
    3. In Aurora, click Plugins > Other > Open Plugin > point Aurora to the .plugin file you just copied. Luminar should open.

Please sign in to leave a comment.