Aurora HDR 2019 won't start

Comments

11 comments

Vereslavska Anna Veres

I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

Please try using the full installer: 

https://aurorahdr2019win.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com/Aurora_Win_Setup_2549.exe

Please make sure to uninstall Aurora HDR 2019 before proceeding. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Matthias Rimkus

Hi Anna, 

same story I'm afraid, though the splash screen shows a little longer with this version... 

Any other ideas?

Anastasia Davis

Hi Matthias!
    Could you send us the whole system info to support@skylum.com? Please make a reference to this post.

• Press the Windows logo key + R.
    • Type msinfo32 in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    • In the window that opens, make sure you have System Summary highlighted on the left.
    • Click File > Export.
    • Type the name of the file and save it somewhere where you can easily find it
      and attach this text file to your email to support@skylum.com
    Frédéric MONIN

Hi Mathias,

For your information, I have the same PC as yours and I had the same problem.
    And after more than 3 weeks of discussion with the helpdesk of Skylium and manipulation on my PC (I even at their request reinstall Windows !!!), They ended up telling me that AURORA HDR 2019 did not work with Windows 10 PRO for workstation.
    I got a refund.
    But it does not matter at all.

Frédéric

Matthias Rimkus

Thanks for your message Frédéric,

I have tried quite a few things and I found that Aurora HDR doesn't like the machine when it's running in discrete only mode (Intel GPU disabled in BIOS).

As I can't change this as hybrid graphics operation is causing other and more severe problems I have left Aurora HDR for the time being. 

I understand that the Tech guys are looking into this issue so it might be fixed eventually.. Skylum seems to be the only software I know with this weird attitude...

Kind regards,
    Matt

Frédéric MONIN

Thanks also for this information Matthias. I did not go to change the BIOS (I did not think !!).
    Anyway, after discussing with Microsoft engineers, the problem is the incompatibility of AURORA 2019 with this version of Windows. It is still very surprising for them for PCs designed for that.
    And yes, I think I tried a lot of software and I never have a problem.
    I still hope that they will do what is necessary for it to work quickly on our PCs.
    Similarly, I fear the worst on the new version of LUMINAR made available on 12/18/2018 !!!

Best regards

Frédéric

Frédéric MONIN

Hi Matthias
    For information, I did the test with the new luminar vers 3 who arrive today in download and... Without surprise, there is the same probleme than AURORA HDR 2019.
    For my, it's not professional from Skylum.
    In the specifications to install this 2 programs, it was mandatory to have windows 10 64bis but without to say a version. And, the old version run correctly on my computer, and all my program photos, video or Cao run without problem.
    If I understand, Skylum is the only company who have this problems on windows 10.
    Best regards
    Frédéric Monin

Matthias Rimkus

Hi Frederic,

I sort of expected that... I had another go and tried everything the support team advised me to do. Without any success... 

Fact is that - as you say - Skylum is the only company whose software will not run without an Intel GPU present in the system. 

They offered a refund though but that can't be the preferred solution... Especially not since I really like Aurora.

So the only option is to enable the Intel GPU in the BIOS and not be able to see the BIOS and boot info on the main screen of the dock.

Doesn't really feel like 2018 tbh :D

Cheers,
    Matt

Frédéric MONIN

Hi Matthias 

A question. How do you change the settings in the BIOS. I went there and I could not find this setting.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regard

Frédéric

Matthias Rimkus

Hi Frederic,

it's under Config -> Display -> Hybrid Graphics. Set to Enabled in order to activate the Intel GPU together with the Nvidia.

Note that after you change this setting and you have the Thinkpad sitting in a docking station attached to an external monitor you will not see the boot screen and the external monitor will only come on for the Windows login screen.

So in order to change any BIOS settings you'll have to undock the machine and use the internal LCD screen. That's why my machine has been running in Discrete only mode.

Kind regards,
    Matt

Frédéric MONIN

Hi Mathias

This is the modification I made in the BIOS. But for me, it does not work better. 

In fact, I have 2 same PC Lenovo Thinkpad P51 since january 2018 for my company, I have a same configuration :

- 64 Go of RAM

- 2 SSD double NVMe (512 and 1To)

- 1 SSD 2,5 " of 2To.

And, I thought I was quiet to work serenely. And, here, I am very surprised. In the meantime, I will re-work with lightoom and photoshop (and DXO for some photos).

And you, with this action in the BIOS you get to work with AURORA HDR 2019 and Luminar 3 ?

Best regards

Frédéric MONIN

Please sign in to leave a comment.