Red Eye and Transparency.

Comments

13 comments

Denis Kotsee

You can use Erase tool for red-eye correction - it's content-aware. We'll implement transparency in one of the next updates.

Comment actions Permalink
    Dave Reid

OK greatly looking forward to the transparency update. Thank you.

Jon Shearer

Please explain, how do you use Erase tool to handle red-eye.

Maryna Skylum

Hi Jon,

You simply click and paint over the unwanted areas.

Luminar then examines the surrounding pixels and generates a new texture based on its awareness of what’s nearby in the photo. The Erase tool also matches the texture, lighting, and shading of the original pixels. 

Learn more here:

for Windows https://skylum.com/luminar/user-manual/2018/windows/removing-an-object-

for Mac https://skylum.com/luminar/user-manual/2018/mac/removing-an-object

K.G. Wuensch

@Maryna, you obviously don‘t know how a human eye looks like! I suggest you go and look into a mirror. Around the area you need to replace in the red eye correction there is the highly textured and differently colored iris, so you simply can‘t use a context sensitive replacement!

Maryna Skylum

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I'm afraid, at the moment, we do not have a special tool for the red eye correction.
    We consider adding it in the future updates. However, there is no ETA.

Angela Andrieux

Another option for red-eye removal in Luminar is to use the HSL Filter. In the saturation tab, move the red slider to the left to remove the red, and then activate the masking brush on the filter to apply the effect only to the eye. Zooming in helps accomplish this with precision.

I hope that helps!

Jon Shearer

Angela -

That was my discovery.

Hardly a big deal even when compared to an auto handling solution for red-eye.

Ed Foerster

What I am trying to do is to color the pupils dark that are currently white (it is a dog).  What would be the process for white eye?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Ed,

That is a bit tougher since Luminar doesn't have a paint tool. However, you might be able to accomplish an acceptable result using the Tone filter and moving the exposure the left. You can also manipulate the other sliders to further darken the effect, and then paint that result into just the eye.

Ed Foerster

Thanks for the quick response!  Will give it a try. Ed

Johann R. Peters

Hi, I think any of these solution are not worse for a new photo editing suit. It should have a proper tool for eliminate red 

I hope that this point will be solved in the future. 

In general I´m very satisfied with luminar 3

David Price

Luminar shows a lot of promise. One of the musts that you need to add is a redeye tool.

While you're at it, a peteye tool should be added also.

Other photo editing software already has these tools... why can't Luminar?

Thank you.

Please sign in to leave a comment.