Luminar Local Adjustments

Comments

4 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi John,

Thank you for your feedback. Can you elaborate on what you like about DXO Photolab's local adjustments?

Comment actions Permalink
    Colin Grant

I am sure John is referring to the U Point technology used in DxO Photolab, there is also a gradient mask and an edge aware masking brush (plus an ordinary masking brush like Luminar). U Point is also used in the DxO Nik Plugins and it has resurfaced in Capture NX-D which is Nikons free raw editor.

John Minick

Yes, I am referring to the U-Point Technology.  Amazing technology, Skylum really needs their own version of this technology.

With U-Point technology All you have to do is select a point of interest and add a control point.  The app then figures out what you want and automatically and intelligently extends your selection to areas that share the same characteristics within an adjustable radius. Your adjustments will only be added to the specific places you want.

This would allow the excellent Luminar filters to be applied to specific areas of a photo easily with clean selections.  The glaring weakness in Luminar is the inability to easily and accurately apply Luminar's neat tools and filters to specific regions of a photo.

Angela Andrieux

Hi John,

Thanks for the additional information. I will pass your suggestion to our developers for their consideration. Hopefully we'll be able to implement better and more precise masking tools in the future.

Please sign in to leave a comment.