Comments

12 comments

Marc Peeters

Not Yet , the same is with Canon R, raw is not yet recognized

Comment actions Permalink
    Jim Strasma

I too am eagerly awaiting Skylum support for Nikon Z7 NEF (raw) files. If I understand correctly, the Z7 adds metadata to the existing standard for NEF files. Thus, both Aurora HDR 2019 and Luminar 2018 appear to be reading in Z7 NEF files correctly, but appear not to be recognizing or dealing with the added new metadata, leading to strange results, such as uncorrected vignetting on the 24-70 F4 S lens, and incorrect sky color. Worse, neither program gives any warning about not recognizing parts of the Z7 NEF file. Please fix this ASAP.

Ariel Glaze

Luminar can create a file to perform edits, but they’re not RAW adjustments. I’m about to grab my torch and pitchfork. How dare you tease us like this? Lol

Angela Andrieux

Suppor for the Nikon Z series and Canon R series are in the works. I don't have a specific ETA yet, though.

In the meantime I suggestion downloading the Adobe DNG Converter (free) to convert your raw files to DNGs, which can then take advantage of Luminar's raw editing capabilities.

Watthana Wangwutphinyo

Hi Angela,

Is there any update on the raw files support for Nikon Z7 coming out soon?

Thank you!

Angela Andrieux

Hi Watthana,

Luminar now has support for the Nikon Z7. Support for this camera will be coming to Aurora HDR in a future update.

Wes

Joining the fray.  I recently purchased Luminar 3-  It loads my libraries very quickly - a major reason for it's purchase.  However, I cannot import directly from my camera (Nikon Z7).  I can get pics from Photos, Image Capture and even from Aperture.  However, the icon for importing does not recognize the camera.  What am I missing?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Wesl,

Luminar 3 should be recognizing the Z7 as it is now supported. Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support so we can investigate the issue. Thanks in advance!

Bart Guisset

Currently Aurora HDR 2019 is reading the Z7 NEF files but the colors are wrong, any update as to when to expect Z7 NEF support ?

Anastasia Davis

Hi Bart! At the moment Nikon Z7 is not supported by Aurora HDR, I am afraid. There is no timeline for that, but we are working so to add support for this camera.

Jeff Schwartz

Seriously? How can we take you seriously if you can't support a camera that has been on the market for over a year!  I'm done with Skylum unless and until this is resolved. 

Kate Williams

Jeff, the camera is already supported by Luminar 4. 

As for Aurora HDR 2019: at this time, we have no ETA for the next update, as our primary focus is Luminar. 

If the situation changes, we'll inform everyone. 

In the meantime, please use one of the links below to download Adobe DNG Converter:

For Mac OS:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_mac/ 

For Windows:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_win/ 

Please sign in to leave a comment.