Where to view or edit EXIF data?

Comments

33 comments

Leila Evans

Hi  - I'll forward your suggestion regarding adding more info displayed as well as editing option to our dev team for consideration.

Comment actions Permalink
    Colin Grant

Leila that is a terrible stock answer that has come straight from the crib sheet and you should be ashamed. This is something that has been mentioned many times and is, of course, a basic feature in any reasonable DAM. Perhaps you would be kind enough to investigate and advise what the plans are for exif/IPTC management and viewing going forward, especially as the DAM is out next month (possibly before)?

mac cuyf, at the moment you cannot see any more information from within Luminar. You can use a stand-alone DAM that will give you that info. One is NeoFinder another is XNViewMP which is free. Or of course you can right click on the image thumbnail and Get Info.

Leila Evans

I'm afraid there's no exact timeframe. As I wrote above, our dev team will consider adding the options you were writing about.

Colin Grant

Leila, if you are saying to me that Skylum sold Luminar as an alternative to LR and yet they have still not decided whether proper exif support will be included then I have been mislead and would like an immediate refund please. This is not a professional app and Skylum seem not to be a professional business. End of.

You have said there is no exact timeframe. What you mean is there is NO timeframe as the way things stand it is not being included and no decision has been made to include it in the future. I really wish you people would say what you mean or at least try and say it clearly.

mac cuyf

@Leila Luminar is pretty neat - but I hope software development has not stalled.

@Colin Thank-you so much for the standalone suggestions! Loving XNViewMP

Denis Kotsee

@Colin Grant thank you for getting in touch with the support team via email. We have replied to your request.

Colin Grant

@mac cuyf - you are welcome, XNV is pretty cool. The one advantage NeoFInder has is that it displays the thumbnails from Luminar project files. It is not free though :-(

Colin Grant

@Denis Kotsee - I have received no such response?

Denis Kotsee

We emailed you about three hours ago.

Andrew Nixon

I am very disapointed that Luminar 3 does not store or connect metadata to images, and with it's much hyped release, and it has given no indication if, or when, it ever will.  Like many people I waited almost a year for Luminar to release this update.  I am a professional artist who needs a cataloging system to store specific data with specific images. As a Aperture user I was told your product would be the perfect replacement to meet my professional needs.  Connecting data to images is basic to a real digital asset manager, otherwise  unlike LR or the discontinued Aperture, this product is a useless toy.

Jim Willeke

Despite this blog entry,

https://skylum.com/blog/extract-image-editing-metadata-on-mac

I fail to see how to "You can also see the metadata in Luminar image editor, the latest software from Skylum."

I do NOT see any significant metadata in the latest version. Very limited data is hown and nothing like the data shown in Lightroom or other DAM applicaitons.

And editing the data is not possible in Luminar.

The of not being able to read and write metadata limitation along using a proprietary file format (Why not use dng?) is an issue that stops me from using Luminar. (Even though I paid for it)

-jim

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jim,

We'll be adding additional functionality in future updates for viewing/editing metadata. https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap

Tony Collins

Hi Angela

Your roadmap is still listing 3.02 as the next update.

Andrew Nixon

Hi Angela,

Since your customers bought your product on the promise that it would be an excellent Lightroom replacement and have waited over a year for Skylum to add the ability to edit metadata, I think you owe it to us tell us exactly what you are promising and when.   Enough with the "adding additional functionality in future updates" line.  How about a straight answer.

Helena Carter

Hi Tony ,

I will pass it to the person in charge, thanks for bringing our attention to the case.

Hi Andrew.

Please, check our roadmap for more dates and features. We're revealing the exact dates when we know them for sure. We really hope for your patience.

Best regards

Peter Larsen

Hi Angela and Helena,

thanks for the updates on viewing and editing metadata. I've just started with Luminar and I'd like to add my voice to this being a really high priority (but not upvote some of the rather aggressive postings on the subject above). There's a comparison of image viewers here, for those looking for an alternative till this feature is offered by Luminar: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_image_viewers

Joseph Ferrari

I'd like to see the exif info along the bottom with the image file name; it should be persistent information.

Cheers

Joseph

Colin Grant

You won’t get much exif data under an image. Look at what it is comprised of in Lr or ON1 etc.

George T

Thanks for the list of alternatives - Peter Larsen.

Any news on this? - all my EXIF data is deleted however I process files through Luminar [Luminar stand-alone exporting to Windows 10 machine]- making the software, as it is, unusable for me I'm afraid.
    I have been waiting quietly, returning back to see if I can start using Luminar again.

This is not an 'additional feature' request or suggestion - this basic function of preserving metadata appears to have been overlooked.

Best

Joseph Ferrari

Just the essentials—just like CaptureOne.

Colin Grant

I hate the C1 interface 

A. Resa Jones

I just installed this and the first thing I did was go and look at my metadata and try to figure out how to edit metadata. 

Kate Williams

Hi, 

Editing metadata is on our to-do list at the moment, so we will make sure to implement this feature in the future. 

Meanwhile, please do not hesitate to check our progress at https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap 

@George, please note that Luminar does not remove any file's metadata. You may check it by loading the file processed in Luminar 3 to any third-party metadata viewer. 

George T

@kate When I made my comment, some time ago prior to v3, this was the case then, but v3 is fine for me on this issue. 

Liad Bokovsky

If i knew before i bought Luminer that you do not support exif view, filter and edit, I would not have bothered even testing you.

On the positive side, at least you have a 60 days money back guarantee. how can I get my money back?

Terry Rogers

Hi Liad! Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support so we can help you better.

Emil Eggenschwiler

I have exported a JPG from a RAW. There are no camera data in the JPG. This is an imposition. Luminar 3.3

Kirk Osborn

Hi. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we will figure something out.

Ivan Yivoff

I was trying to find where I could see the date/time information (and even the location data) that I know it's included in photos I'm editing, having trouble believing Luminar 3 wouldn't show it anywhere.

This is still not supported?

I see that the information is still present in the image, and on exported images... but I find it weird it's not shown or otherwise used inside the application.

Thanks, regards.

Elena Blum

Hi Ivan,

There is the Info Bar Luminar 3, which provides basic information about a photo. When the Info View is activated, this information is displayed. Please check more about this here: https://skylum.com/luminar/user-guides/chapter-7-info-view

Please sign in to leave a comment.