Current Version/Release Notes for Luminar 2018 1.3.2 (Windows)

Pinned Featured

Comments

14 comments

LARRY FITZPATRICK

Just Download. Tried the AL Sky Enhancer. Liked it better then using the polarizing filter and brushing in the sky. But that was just a sample of one.

Bjarne Winkler

So, we get a new update (Nov 1, 2018), not the December upgrade that has all the stuff everyone has been talking about.

Installation, on Windows, takes forever and not a surprise Skylum still have old company names popping up before the installation is done.   This still shows that the company does not give enough attention to the Windows World – shame on them!

Then we have Copywrite notice in one place as 2017 and in another 2017-2018, again bad.

By the way how come that other companies can patch things on the fly, but Skylum must remove and then reinstall which means that you have missing shortcuts and shortcut where you do not want shortcut – WHY?

I know you are now saying, but that is details, and I agree but remember we have still not fixed the missing File | Close Menu and the Alt-Key issue.  Then there is the issue that this version (under Windows) can only work with one Picture opened at a time.  Wonder how that is going to work with Libraries and those of us that are living on the edge and takes more than one picture at each event 😉  

If I had been Skylum and wanted to really showoff the new AI Sky Enhancer, remember this is the highlight of this update, then then they should have updated the defaulted photo that is a sample photo that comes with the installation.

OK the next 30 day is going being testing this update till we get the real deal the free upgrade, can’t wait.

Tom Pickering

Ho Hum!  You spent all this time on AI Sky Enhancer, but the bugs we've been talking about still remain.  Simple fixes for Top & Bottom Lighting and Adjustable Gradient to allow the Horizontal Shift to work like it does in Bi-Color Toning still elude your developers.  Oh, and parity with the Mac version?  Vaporware.  All the hooplala about the coming Libraries, which is sounding like much ado about nothing, is still not addressing simple things like the ability to duplicate a layer, a function that has been present in the Mac version from early on.  You guys are still blowing a lot of smoke where the sun don't shine on us.  It has been months and so little to show for it.  I'm extremely disappointed.

I'd really like to know when your developers are going to work on the parity issues, although I'm fairly certain the best we'll get is a vague reference to some future update.

Rodney Brown

I've just tried this out with a few interesting skylines and it looks like a very solid and useful update!

Jacques Demers

It's a nice feature but don't forget updating the Windows version to the Mac version and as soon as possible.

Anna Veres

Hi Jacques, we are working on parity too. Hope for your patience. 

Jacques Demers

Hi Anna, thanks.

ibon zabala

Will the new update correct the windows color management problem? without that it is impossible to use luminar in windows

Angela Andrieux

Hi Ibon,

We are working to fix the Windows color management issues, but right now our focus is on finishing and releasing the Library module. We'll address color management in future updates.

Marc Peeters

Tom Pickering , you are the typical nitpicker.

I think , you have always comment on every software ,I prosume.

George Taylor

Angela Andrieux, you may be working on colour management but you're clearly not working very hard.  Do you not realise that without colour management this software is unusable on a pc?  I have been using this software all year with the intention of giving up my Lightroom & Photoshop subscription as soon as the DAM appears.  The truth is that I am not able to rely on Luminar alone for editing images so I rarely use it for anything other than 'tinkering'.  And yet, I paid the same as any Mac user who does not have to struggle with deficient software. I am prepared to wait for the DAM, but, without colour management I cannot use the software.  Your 'focus' is misaligned.

Angela Andrieux

Hi George,

Luminar 3 (which will be released on December 18) will be color managed.

Jacques Demers

I agree completely with George Taylor. Working on your DAM is a good thing (which I don't need) but you need to bring the Windows version to par with Mac especially color management and all the other options included with the Mac version. After all we paid the SAME PRICE.

Jacques Demers

Hi Angela, I can wait to see if your comment to George "Luminar 3 (which will be released on December 18) will be color managed." is true.

Please sign in to leave a comment.