Noise Issue with Batch Processing

Comments

18 comments

Daniel Scholz

Hi Ryan, we're unfortunately aware of this issue. Our developers are already looking for a solution. We'll fix this in our next update.

Comment actions Permalink
    Ryan Stevens

Any idea when this new update is expected to be ready? It's incredibly frustrating to individually merge photos together in order to get the quality needed for my real estate clients. It significantly increases the amount of time I'm stuck at a computer every day. 

Angela Andrieux

Hi Ryan,

I don't have a release date for the next update yet, but we are working on the issue and will put out a fix when it is ready.

Marcos Soares

Any news on this? I am looking for a software where I can do batch HDR, so this will be a big problem for me.

Kind Regards,

Marcos

Alex Hall

Is this only a problem on some systems? Because this is the only post I can find on this issue, and I’m having the same problem. I would love to switch over from photomatix but this is a collosal problem for a real estate photographer.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Alex,

Not all of our users are experiencing this issue. We are, however, aware of it and will address it in the next update.

Danielle Hiltner

I've been using Aurora for almost a year now and this problem just started happening to me. Any update on a fix?

Thanks!

Danielle

Terry Rogers

Hi Danielle! A release date is not yet available at this time, but we are aware of this issue and will do our best to fix it.

Thomas

I was to open a new post about this when I saw that the team is aware of this issue, which I have as well obviously, and is fixing it "soon".... Ehm, this promise was made a year ago. Seriously?! Any idea when "soon" might be?

Thanks.

Danielle Hiltner

The work around I use is just making sure the Ghost Reduction box was unchecked and it worked fine for me. 

Thomas

@Danielle Hiltner

wow. I have just swiftly tried it. this gives significantly better results! thanks for the tip. :-)

Sky Makai

Ghost reduction seems to break Aurora HDR, introducing significant noise.  

Austin Miller

Hi Sky. Please send us a detailed description of the issue at skylum.com/support so we can investigate it.

Sky Makai

Austin Miller, I've already contacted skylum.com/support and have not had a reply yet.  I'm disappointed in the lack of customer service I'm experiencing from Skylum.  It seems as though Skylum employees are contracted to reply to forum posts, but nothing ever really gets fixed!

Simas Chomentauskas

I've just bought the software and this is the first issue I run into. I see it's been not fixed for 2 years already!

Symptoms are exactly the same - using identical settings images come extremely noisy with batch processing. Turning off ghost reduction helps, but hey, it's a valuable and required function.

Can we have an update on this?

Helga Egilsdottir

Hello Simas Chomentauskas,

We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience caused. I can assure you that we did not forget about this problem. There are updates planned for Aurora HDR, however there is no set timeline for now. Please, stay tuned.

Sky Makai

Stop lying.  Aurora HDR is not getting updates.  It NEVER HAS.  It's clear that SkyLum's operating procedure is to put out buggy software at the cost of the user, and then charge again for a new version a year or so later.

John Cooklis

Yeah, version 1.0.0 is still the latest version...

Please sign in to leave a comment.