Just Picked up 2018 luminar

Comments

6 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi David,

We do our best to respond to every email within 24 hours. One of our techs will respond as soon as possible.

In the meantime, the alt key issue and plugin functionality will be coming to the Windows version soon.

If you have any specific questions please let me know and I'll do my best to help answer them.

Comment actions Permalink
    Tom Pickering

Specific Question:  When will you work on parity with the Mac version, since you haven't in several months?  This latest update has not addressed any of the problems we've been ASKING about.  Got any specific answers?  (not holding my breath)

Angela Andrieux

Hi Tom, 

We are working on many of those issues as well, but the Library is our priority at the moment. Beyond what we've already shared there is nothing new I can tell you at the moment.

Fred Decker

I want to try and be understanding. The support people are in a tight spot and have to deal with our frustration and outright anger sometimes and have remained professional and helpful. I think they get where we are and management knows the deal. I think they need to hire better talent on the development end, but that's just my opinion. It doesn't take a year and a half to get the ALT key functionality working, nor a year to come up with a beta for a DAM feature. Is there only 1 developer or is there actually a team of 2 or more working on this? Or  are they/can they hire pieces out to programming houses in India? In any case, is there a thread or can we start one, like a sticky that we can edit and cross things out, of all the things we have been begging for? We can separate the list into parity with the Mac version features that we should have had already, and things we just would like. I'm curious as to what else the Mac has that the PC doesn't. I find myself still going back to the final version of Lightroom and not using Luminar because of work flow.

Markus Gehlhaar

I totally agree with Fred Decker. What is the problem in getting this working? 

I'm also missing the option to create a backup...

Denis Kotsee

L3 on Windows creates backups automatically. 5 most recent backups are stored in the Luminar Catalog folder. We'll enhance the backup functionality in the update 3.1.0 that's scheduled for release in the end of January - beginning of February.

Please sign in to leave a comment.