Luminar for the new iPad Pro

Comments

29 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jonathan,

The new iPad Pro does look pretty amazing! We don't have any immediate plans for an iPad version, but we'll definitely consider it in the future.

Comment actions Permalink
    Paul Easker

Your software, is the only thing that is actually keeping me using a laptop vs an iPad Pro for my personal use. I just bought an iPad Pro and now I want to get rid of my laptop, but I can't, because I wouldn't be able to use your software. Will you please publish your software on the iPad??? You have had so may users requesting this. We love what you have done, but we want it on an iPad too! 

Anastasia Davis

@Paul Easker You are right, there are some similar requests from our users. Thus, we will consider developing iOS version of the apps. We just haven't thought of it on a large scale yet. But we definitely will :)

Nadeem Ayoob

I'm with Jonathan and Paul.  A fully featured iOS app (and i suppose Android too) would be a great thing.  It may also become necessary as the iOS and Android platforms will continue to get better and more powerful with every update and with more powerful processors being introduced with each new hardware iteration, driving more and more people to ditch laptops in favor of tablets for their mobile solution.  Adobe, Affinity, and others look well positioned to take advantage of this, would love to see Skylum get there too...maybe with Luminar 2019???

Muir Robertson

I agree ... something to complete with Affinity Photo that is as friendly to use as Luminar would be a great app.  Especially if the library tool, implemented smartly (ie not like Adobe) ,was part of it.   I think this would catch even more Lightroom users.  Adobe unfortunately have this  as an edge w Lightroom on mobile devices - but with a lot of frustrating limitations. Affinity Photo isn't much use on the photo culling side, ON1 is nowhere w iOS versions and neither is Phase One. I would certainly be willing to spend extra $ for this.

Michael Sidel

I can’t even imagine the amount of work it would take to bring Luminar to the iPad, but honestly, software like that would be a game changer for me.  

Jay Jayasuriya

I believe Luminar suite on the iPad and Android tablets would be a game changer. Hope you guys are already on it. Love your products!.

Spencer Ralston

I agree with everyone else about the need to have Luminar on the iOS platform. I recently purchased the new 12”iPadPro and would love to be able to use Luminar on it. 

Thomas Hollett

Related to this conversation...

What app (or apps) are folks using on iOS as a COMPANION to the desktop version of Luminar (and Aurora)? Is there one with better "compatibility" versus another?

Dann Lavery

@Thomas Hollett, Affinity Photo by Serif.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/ipad/

Thomas Hollett

@Dann Lavery, thanks Dann. I'll check it out. The hobby's been dormant a while, but getting my feet back in it and want to use my iPP 10.5 when mobile.

John Nornberg

Same here, you have to move and get this to the ipad.  I too want to shed the mac and just use ipad.  

Jennifer Steiner-Heyden

I saw my first demo of Luminar today and HOLY SMOKES I was very impressed with it. I would have purchased right away if I hadn't spent the last 3 months working on moving my workflow AWAY from the computer and into a 100% mobile solution. I am literally weeks away from selling my laptop. I really hope you work to bring this to Ipad because I think you have some features that would shine even more there. I love the idea of your AI filter and some of the sky/other presets I saw. This is the type of speedy impactful editing that does very well in mobile. If you were to bring even a set of those to the IPad I would be willing to pay money for that. 

I know you have said you won't bring this to mobile but I just wanted to add my voice to those that would love to see a mobile version on the ipad. I would love to purchase it but my workflow just doesn't include a desktop component anymore. 

Thank you, 

Helena Carter

Hi Jennifer ,

Thanks so much for your feedback, I will pass your suggestion to our developers.

Cheers!

Paul Easker

Probably, what will happen is it will take Adobe releasing Photoshop for iPad later this year before Skylum realizes they need to put Luminar and Aurora HDR on iOS. I hope I am wrong, but we have been asking for this for a long time and no one is listening.  All I’ve been hearing is “we don’t have plans for that”. I hope there are plans in the works and you just can’t say that you are working on this. Beating Adobe to this market with a full featured Luminar and Aurora HDR would be so huge. 

Matthieu Miranda

Working on an iPad Pro is so much nicer than a laptop. Please make an iOS version of Luminar, I love the structure of the app and various filters. Library is not mandatory for me, but the filter and retouch functions would allow me to not take my laptop while on the road as I like to retouch on the fly while I’m traveling instead to be back home.

Thanks !

John Nornberg

The ability to be mobile is the future! I too am on the verge of dumping my MacBook and primarily use the iPad Pro. It is so much faster and allows us ability to import, edit and export quickly! I agree with a previous individual that even if you could get out a bare-bones minimal version that would be helpful .

Jay Jayasuriya

I couldn't agree more with everyone here. Few months back I decided to ditch my laptop (well I still use it for big projects) and use my brand new iPad Pro to edit videos and it's working out amazing and enables me to edits everything I shoot in a much much faster pace. I would really love to see the iOS app for iPad. This is the best time to get that app out! :). 

Jerry Jaz

My iMac gets all the love when it comes to working on my photos. Great, but if my Luminar 3 was on my new iPad Pro it would be a game-changer. I'll  be happy to pay full price for an iOS version. Good dev costs money. You have proven to be very economical compared to some others in the field. Count me in as a customer of the iOS version.

Jordi Delgado

Count me in as a customer of the iOS version.

I'm also on the verge to switch my workflow from a Macbook to an iPad Pro and would love to use Luminar there and I'm willing to pay the full price for an iOS version too.

Please make it happen!

Kate Williams

Dear All,

Thanks for your feedback. 

That will surely be considered by our tech team. Please stay tuned and check our Roadmap to be updated: https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap 

Stuart Smith

With the Adobe price increase happening, I would love to transition completely off Adobe products... the missing piece is a way to edit my photos on my iPad Pro!

Dann Lavery

Until Skylum developes a mobile version check out Affinity Photo by Serif

Martin Connolly

I would love to get away from Adobe, but at the moment the ability to import photos on my MBP and then edit them on my iPad, with changes synced back to the MBP, is what’s keeping me from stopping my subscription. If there was a way to do that with Luminar that would be fantastic.

Andy Whiteford

Another vote for an iOS version of Luminar, more specifically the iPad. As others have said, the AI filters and speed of editing would be perfect for the iPad. 

Arnaud DELORME

Have a look at the Skylum CEO answer here: https://shadesofcolormagazine.com/author/jmm78/

"... we will definitely come out with Luminar for both iPad and iPhone, but only after we release Luminar 4, which is scheduled at the end of this year. And after we release Luminar Cloud, which will be in beta testing in July. Right now, we already have several prototypes of Luminar for mobile platforms, but we want to make sure that we come out with exactly those features that will bring additional value to users – that will bring something new to photographers and artists. And once we have these new, unique, and interesting solutions ready, it won’t matter how many apps already exist on the market since we’ll bring people something that no one else has given. Skylum’s philosophy is not to copy, not to duplicate, but to create and introduce new value. And we are now forming this value... "

Stefan Timbrell

I just gave up my iMac and my Mac Book for the new iPad Pro.  Please help with a version of Luminar for the Pro!!!

Llorenç Estivill

I updated to Luminar 4, it looks great.
    That said i am one more iPad Pro user waiting for you guys to do your magic in this platform which I consider best for mobility.

Please sign in to leave a comment.