Luminar: Lightroom Catalog Import

Comments

12 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi Didier! You are right, we are focused on the Luminar with libraries release at the moment. As for migration tools, we do understand how important they are. We will do our best to implement them in the future updates.

Comment actions Permalink
    K.G. Wuensch

@Didier, forget about the import. LR has so many proprietary algorithms that can't be reproduced for legal reasons (even if they were known otherwise) that any attempts to carry over editing are moot. Luminar can not replace Lightroom ever if you have a significant number of edits made. If you never made use of sharpening or noise reduction or any of the masking features then maybe you can get away with it but I even doubt that given how bad the current RAW conversions in Luminar are.

Didier DUPRAT

It seems that ON1 2019 will be able to import LR development by implementing an external module in LR.

In this case, the use of proprietary algorithms is authorized on the licensed LR. This external module could convert to Luminar DAM information... To be verified next month

K.G. Wuensch

@Didier, if that were the way you wouldn't be importing the RAW files but processed TIFF or JPEG. A conversion from Lightroom RAW adjustments to whatever else is impossible because the others are lacking the information about what is happening. For example luminance masks and local adjustments (like gradients) are way more capable than anything Luminar or On1 have to offer...

Didier DUPRAT

Ok, just have a look here: https://www.on1.com/products/photo-raw/features/#feature-list-3

Bjarne Winkler

@Didier Duprat, Nice, thanks for sharing the link.  Skylum has a long, long way to go if they too want to replace and convert Lightroom users to Luminar.  However if ON1 can do it, then Skylum should be able to do it too.  Just, start coding!

Didier DUPRAT

I know Luminar is young. I wanted to inform you, as I'm a Luminar user and I like it. As you said, just start coding ;)

Sylwester Pietrzyk

Not only ON1, but Capture One also enables import of LR libraries including (basic) edits. Many people are waiting to switch from LR, they just need right tool to do it :-)

https://blog.phaseone.com/get-your-lightroom-catalog-into-capture-one/ 

Antonio Alonso Dominguez

Is there any news when the migration tool from Lightroom to Luminar could be available? I would like to transfer a large lightrrom catalog so I can stop using Adobe products.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Antonio! I am afraid there is no news yet. Stay tuned!

Markus Wienhöfer

Is this still being actively worked on? I pre-purchased Luminar 3 when it was announced that it would get a DAM module and Lightroom import and have waited to switch over from Lightroom ever since. Now that Luminar 4 is on the horizon I am wondering what the timeframe for this is...

Kirk Osborn

We plan on adding Lightroom Migration Tool later, but we don't have ETA. Check out the roadmap for information about other upcoming features:

https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap 

Please sign in to leave a comment.