I can´t install the Lightroom plugin in Luminar

Comments

10 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Hamouda,

Yes, you can install the plugin manually. Here are instructions:

The plug-in should be installed into the following folder:

C: \ Users \ [your username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ Lightroom \ Modules

Please download the plug-in file with this link:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/0vfwd8a57gluthi/Luminar2018Export.lrplugin.rar?dl=0

Here's one way to install the plug-in into the correct folder:

1. Download the compressed plug-in file using the link above.

2. Right-click on the downloaded .zip file > Extract all.

3. Next to extraction destination click "Browse".

4. Paste the following string into the address bar and hit Enter: 

%appdata%\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules 

5. Click on Select Folder and then Extract to finish plug-in installation.

6. Restart Lightroom and check if Luminar 2018 plug-in is installed.

Access Luminar 2018 from Adobe Lightroom in the following way:

When viewing an Image in either the Library or Develop modules: 

Right-click on the image > Export > Export to Luminar 2018 > You have the option to Open Source Files or, if you've made any changes in Lightroom that you'd like Luminar 2018 to use, you can also choose Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments

After applying adjustments in Luminar 2018, your photo should appear in Lightroom's Catalog > All Photographs. 

The edited image will be the last one in the list.

Please let me know how it goes.

Comment actions Permalink
    Hamouda Belakhal

Hi Angela,

The link doesn't work. 

I get the following error 404 message: This file is no longer in this location.
    Can you please check the link?

I found another link here in the forum and downloaded the appropriate file and installed it exactly as your suggestion. If I want to export a file to Luminar in Lightroom, it shows me that Lightroom is uploading one photo to Luminar 2018. But Luminar is not started.

Hamouda Belakhal

Application error:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Luminar 2018.exe, Version: 1.3.1.2291, Zeitstempel: 0x5b581b82
    Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
    Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
    Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000000000
    ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x930
    Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d46ba3cb7d928c
    Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 2018\Luminar 2018.exe
    Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown
    Berichtskennung: 21753ba6-d797-11e8-ad4c-d050991f4b7d

.Net Runtime:

Anwendung: Luminar 2018.exe
    Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
    Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
    Ausnahmeinformationen: System.AccessViolationException
    bei <Module>.mipl.miplTearDown()
    bei Luminar.App.OnExit(System.Object, System.Windows.ExitEventArgs)
    bei System.Windows.Application.OnExit(System.Windows.ExitEventArgs)
    bei System.Windows.Application.DoShutdown()
    bei System.Windows.Application.ShutdownImpl()
    bei System.Windows.Application.ShutdownCallback(System.Object)
    bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
    bei System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
    bei MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    bei MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    bei System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
    bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
    bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    bei MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    bei MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
    bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
    bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    bei MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
    bei MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
    bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
    bei System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
    bei System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
    bei Luminar.App.Main()

Angela Andrieux

Hi Hamouda,

My apologies for the bad link. Please try this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zj8ahny88wjsyq5/Luminar20181-3-1-lr-plugin-win.zip?dl=0 and let me know how it goes.

Hamouda Belakhal
    Hi Angela,
    thank you very much. Now it works fine.
    Thanks alot.

Bryan Drum

You can also right-click in the Luminar shortcut (icon) and “run as administrator “, then install the plugin from Luminar.   That is how I had to install the plugin.

em van ingen
    it now works.

I have uninstalled both plugins.
    Then installed Luminar and added it to the "external editor presets"
    Then I installed Aurora, which showed up in the EDIT list automatically.
    Anastasia Davis

@em van ingen We are glad to hear that everything works fine now :) 

bill bane

Angela,

I just left a message that Luminiar is not working as a LR plug-in. You said in that thread, to follow the "export" path, which this thread addresses.

I have tried to follow this path. Your download has 2018 in its title, but maybe it should work with my up-to-date Luminar V3.

So, no way that I have found to use Luminiar with Lightroom.

Please update this and/or send me an email at bill.bane@att.net so I can get over this hurdle.

I got an email today saying a new version will come out next fri, so maybe all these problems are fixed there?

Bill Bane

Denis Kotsee

I just emailed you instructions for installing plugin for Lightroom.

Please sign in to leave a comment.