Export to Luminar 2018

Comments

5 comments

Denis Kotsee

You can invoke Luminar as a plugin from Aurora but you can't close Aurora, since that would break the connection to the plugin. At the moment this works on Mac only but we'll add this functionality to Windows in December.

Comment actions Permalink
    Carlos Gianoli

I have purchased Aurora and Luminar for Windows yesterday and I can not export the Aurora photo to Luminar to continue processing it. 

Angela Andrieux

Hi Carlos,

Aurora HDR 2019 needs to be updated before it can support Luminar 3. While we're preparing the update, you can try the following solution:

1. Open a photo in Aurora.
    2. Click Plugins >  Other > Open Plugin.
    3. Navigate to the folder where your copy of Luminar 3 is installed. By default it's C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 3.
    4. Double-click Luminar3.8bf. Luminar 3 should open as a plugin in Aurora.
    Jeff Bialer

Hello.  I have iMac with 10.14.5 installed.  I have Luminar 3, Luminar Flex, and Aurora 2019 installed.  When I start to edit a photo in Aurora and try to move to Luminar for further editing, I get moved to the Skylum website on the "Buy Luminar" page.  I was able to move Aurora>Luminar using the workaround shown above.  But would have to use that workaround for every photo, which would be complicated, time consuming, and unacceptable.  How can I permanently correct plugin so I can use Luminar as a plugin to Aurora?

Terry Rogers

Hi Jeff! Please try the following solution:

1. Open Finder, click Go > Go to Folder and paste the following path:                                                      /Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software/Luminar3/Plug-Ins. There will be a bunch of files in there, the one you're interested in has .plugin extension.
    2. Copy the .plugin file somewhere where you can easily find it.
    3. In Aurora, click Plugins > Other > Open Plugin > point Aurora to the .plugin file you just copied. Luminar should open.

Please sign in to leave a comment.