Are there any compatibility issues with MacOS Mojave?

Comments

23 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Gary,

There are a couple of known issues that are affecting a small amount of users.

The first affects only those who are using Luminar as an Apple Photos extension.

The second affects those who use Luminar 2018 as a plugin for Aurora HDR 2019.

If neither of those are part of your workflow then you should be clear to upgrade.

Comment actions Permalink
    Gary Litwin

Thanks, Angela, for the speedy reply!

Dan Parsons

App is currently crashing all the time for me on a brand new MacBook Pro. Users have reported these issues for months but Skylum has yet to do anything about it.

Jerry Hall

So Angela, would you expect the issue with using Luminar as an Apple Photos extension to be resolved soon?  I enjoy the cross platform library integration with Photos, especially useful when traveling with I devices and look forward to upgrading to Mohave.  

More broadly, what is your commitment to continue serving up a full featured Luminar as a Photos extension over the long term?

Thanks, Jerry

David Chalpin

I purchased Luminar a few weeks ago but haven’t had occasion to use it yet. I own a 3rd-gen MacBook Pro and have been using the High Sierra OSX. I recently abandoned a costly Photo Management System (PMS) (with post-processing capabilities inferior to Luminar,) and now use Apple Photos as my PMS. 

So, do I assume correctly that I will be employing Luminar as an extension of Photos? If so, then would you please present and explain those difficulties you mentioned above along with what a simple end-user like me can do to address it? 

Thank you, 

DB Chalpin 

Angela Andrieux

@Jerry - I know our developers are aware of the issue and working on a fix. I will check to see if there is an ETA on the fix. We are committed to working with our Apple Photos users long term.

@David - If you use Apple Photos to manage you photo library the best way to access Luminar's capabilities is via the extension. As you are still using MacOSX High Sierra, this issue will not affect you (unless you upgrade to MacOS Mojave). We are working on a fix for our Mojave users and hopefully we'll be able to get it release sooner rather than later.

David Chalpin

Thank you. Looks like I will likely hold off upgrading to Mojave in the meantime. How can I request Skylum to notify me when they have fixed this problem? 

Angela Andrieux

Hi David,

Email us at support@skylum.com to request a followup and we'll be happy to notify you.

Angela Andrieux

A quick update - the bug in the Apple Photos extension that occurs if you crop an image in Luminar 2018 (in MacOS Mojave) will be fixed in the November update.

Eric

Hi Angela, could you please confirm whether that update has been released? The AI Sky Enhancer update was just released, so I'd assume it's part of that, correct?

Are you aware that the exact same issue also plagues Aurora HDR 2019? I didn't see anything about this in the Aurora thread, so I went ahead and bought it after I had upgraded to Mojave. I obviously would have waited with upgrading had I known this. Right now I'm literally not able to use the software because of this bug. Do you have any ETA when this fix would be released for Aurora?

Thanks!

Anna V

Hi Eric,

Yes, this bug with the Crop in Photos Extension on Luminar 2018 has been already fixed in the latest update. 

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

For now, there is no ETA for the fix, it will be fixed in the future updates. 

Please contact us at support@skylum we will work something out for you(please copy the link to this thread too). 

Eric

Ok thanks, Anna, will do.

Maggi Marmion

Hi, I have all the Skylum apps and use them all regularly. i e Luminar 2018, Aurora HDR 2019  TonalityCK, IntensifyCK, noiseless CK, ans Snapheal CK.  are there any know problems running this with the Mac OS Mojave ?  I don't want to upgrade if there are any problems as the moment?  many thanks,

Maggi

Daniel Scholz

Hi Maggi, as we no longer support or update the CK apps, you might have compatibility issues with those. Otherwise, both Luminar 2018 and Aurora HDR 2019 work well under Mac OS Mojave, you might only experience minor problems with Apple Photos Extensions. This issue will be addressed in our future update though. 

Maggi Marmion

Thanks for your prompt reply Daniel,

who supports the CK apps now then out of curiosity?

many thanks

Daniel Scholz

@Maggi, we no longer sell or update Creative Kit, as it has been discontinued. We can of course help with some general issues, but if the app stops working when you use a newer OS, I'm afraid this won't be fixed. We do, however, recommend using our new products: Luminar and Aurora HDR that are supported and frequently updated.

K.G. Wuensch

@Daniel, neither Luminar nor Aurora HDR are able to replace the CK apps - especially since some of the filters in Luminar 2018 are just a faint reminder of what Luminar 2017 has provided! What is it with you guys that you so easily abandon your loyal customers and kick them in the teeth?

James Doyle

Hello-

Does anybody know if there are there any updates/fixes on the Luminar-Mojave incompatibility?

I've been using Mojave for a while, finally moved Luminar 2018 to the trash and installed Luminar 3 and it's crash city. I haven't seen so much beach-ball spinning this long since a Jimmy Buffet concert in the '80's. 

Thanks, James

Daniel Scholz

Hi James, Luminar 3 is fully compatible with Mac OS Mojave. We'll release an update in ±1-2 weeks to reduce performance issues and patch some bugs. Hope you won't see that beach-ball spinning so often anymore.

James Doyle

Hello- Thanks for your reply. Sadly, it's a waste of drive space until "performance issues and patching bugs" are done in 1 or 2 or 9 weeks because Luminar 3 will not run on my 2015 Macbook Pro running Mojave 10.14.2. Period.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times from different sources (original email, upgrade confirmation email and "my software" on the Skylum site when I'm logged in). I'm a licensed user of most of Skylum's products...including Luminar 2018...which have always installed and operated as expected.

I can get L3 to load and ask me what folder(s) to include. That's it. It loads 207 of my photos, no matter what I do, then freezes. I can move the cursor around and the 20 or so pics I can see on the screen and the little hearts/stars show up...but I can't choose anything or scroll the page. Along the way, the ball starts spinning...then stops for 30 seconds, then starts for 60 seconds, repeat...

It does not run, period. It (barely) loads. I just wanted to clarify the terminology being used. On the plus side, the new features are *exactly* the things that keep me using LightRoom...please get it right!

Thanks, James

Angela Andrieux

Hi James,

Have you done a clean reinstall using AppCleaner? If not, here are instructions:

If your computer meets all system requirements listed here, try reinstalling Luminar. We recommend doing a full uninstall with AppCleaner. AppCleaner is a free app that automatically removes not only applications but also the related files, making 'clean' uninstall easy.

• Download AppCleaner from here (click this text to open link).
    • Install AppCleaner and start it.
    • Drag Luminar from your Applications folder into the AppCleaner window. When removing Luminar, mark all the files and folders in the list, except for DPA6233TPQ.com.macphun.luminar3.
    • Once you've uninstalled Luminar, restart your Mac and download a fresh version of Luminar from here (click this text to open link).

In case you're not sure whether your computer meets the system requirements, click on Apple logo in the upper left corner of your screen, click About This Mac, and make a screenshot of the window that opens. Check out this article (click this text to open link) about making screenshots on Mac if you need help with that. Attach the screenshot to an email to support@skylum.coml.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

James Doyle

Hi Angela-

Yes, I did this. I also tried half a dozen other methods.

I've got it to the point I can open a single photo and I can work on that photo (using the "open with" command from the right-click menu), but thanks.

I'm looking forward to the updates.

Thanks, James

Teris Keis

I have a large Aperture library, and almost all the pics are geotagged - even those scanned from negatives from years ago as you can read. All that could be misplaced if I moved to Luminar, however I need to move somewhere when you consider that Aperture's days are numbered.

Please sign in to leave a comment.