Luminar locks source (raw) files after closing them

Comments

6 comments

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Alex, for now, our software is not supposed to work with the photos that are stored on the External drive.

Please move your photos on the internal drive so the app could work properly. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Alexander Augustin

Well, I think many people store their RAW files on large external drives. Please correct me if I am wrong.

And, there is actually no problem editing the files. It works fine...

I just wanted to point out, that there seems to be a bug in the code, which locks already closed RAW files or their folders ...

BTW: Lightroom shows a preview on unavailable files and does not lock them at all. Even while working on the images, you may unmount the external hard drive. In contrast to that, Luminar does not seem to release the handle even after closing the RAW file ... this really seems to be a bug.

Kind regards,
    Alex

Colin Grant

Surely that statement must be rubbish - a program that cannot/should not be used with an external drive? Luminar must be unique or as buggy as ever.

Denis Kotsee

We'll add full external volume support in December. While it might work at the moment, it's not a fully documented functionality.

Mike Bernhardt

Denis, does this mean that the new library feature will support a networked drive (I know performance will be slower)? Or only a physically connected drive?

Daniel Scholz

Hi Mike, the new Library feature will support networked drives, yes. We've tested NAS on our side and it works really well.

Please sign in to leave a comment.