Lightroom inconsistent when importing Aurora 2019 TIFFs

Comments

3 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi John,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the Lightroom plugin.

When using the Lightroom plugin, your image (or set of bracketed images) should be returned to Lightroom automatically. You should not have to import the edited image manually.

I see that you upgraded from Aurora 2018 to 2019 - was the plugin for v2018 working normally? (i.e. export to Aurora > edit > click Apply > return to Lightroom)?

If you haven't already - please try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Lightroom plugin by opening Aurora HDR 2019 as a standalone (with Lightroom closed) and then going to File > Install Plugins and then clicking the button to uninstall and then reinstall the Lightroom plugin. Relaunch Lightroom and see if that corrects the issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Comment actions Permalink
    John Leah

Hi Angela,

Thanks for the prompt reply but I'm sorry to report that, initially, it didn't make any difference.

What I found though may indicate a path to identifying the problem.

1. When installing the plugin from Aurora 2019 the only one I'm offered is 'Adobe Lightroom Classic CC' which I fear is the plugin for Lightroom Cloud. If so, as I'm not a cloud subscriber (I use v5.7) is this plugin appropriate for my needs?

.1 Checking the plugin used by Aurora 2018 I find it's called 'Adobe Photoshop Lightroom' so different.

2. In Lightroom in 'Import/Add/New Photos' mode no new TIFFs are found (despite confirming in Windows Explorer that Aurora has created one). In 'ImportAdd/All Photos' thge new TIFF is visible but greyed out along with all the previously imported photos.

3. Testing with Aurora 2018 found that images were passing back to Lightroom correctly.

4. Testing again with Aurora 2019 I find that numerous images were passed correctly. However, this just serves to emphasise the intermittent nature of the problem but, I have seen this before and it's been short lived.

I hope that can shed some light on where the issue may be found.

Cheers,

John

Dmytro Boyko

Hi John, Did you try to edit the 5D3_9503_AuroraHDR2019-edit.tif file one more time in Aurora HDR 2019? Just wanted to make sure that I understand the whole process right. The plug-in you're using does support your version of Lightroom Classic.

Could you please reach our technical support at support@skylum.com? We'll try to investigate this particular case.

Please sign in to leave a comment.