Luminar as Smart Object in Photoshop

Comments

9 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Keith,

Thank you for the suggestion. I will pass it to our developers for their consideration.

Comment actions Permalink
    Miguel A. Nicolas

Hi Angela, just to help on Keith issue I have the same behaviour working with in Win 10 system with PS 2018 and latest Luminar 2018 version installed and used as a plugin applied on smart object layers, other filters like the old Nik (Google) filters and others like One1 photo raw (2018) or Imagenomic Portraiture and Noiseware all work properly with smart object editions when the layer is reopen in the inside plugin editor of the filter, all editing details (layers, filters stack, values, etc) are restored as they was saved in the previous update. I'm not sure but I remember I saw such feature in a training video but I think it was running on a Mac system so it possible that the feature is no yet ported to the win version.

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Miguel, for now, this functionality is available on Mac only but we will do our best to add it in the future on Windows too. 

Bjarne Winkler

@Migual, just to be current the "Old Nic" is not longer a Google product.  Please see this mid summer announcement
    https://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2018/06/06/dxo-relaunches-their-first-new-version-of-the-nik-collection

Miguel A. Nicolas

Thank you Anna, got it! we look forward to having new Win releases covering such feature. Thank you.

Scott Masterton

+1 to have this feature added in the windows version, this is a crucial feature...

Edward Bacon

Angela, I don't think this is a feature suggestion. In fact it is a defect. I believe in a past release for the Mac, Luminar settings for smart objects were preserved. That is double clicking on would bring up Liminar with all of the previous filters and settings in tack. This never worked on Windows, and now seems to be broken on Mac.

Kevin Sholder

This is a defect, that I was told back in December of 2018 would be fixed.  As this is ONLY a problem for Windows users of the Aurora HDR 2019 product.  Extremely disappointed in the lack of response from Skylum software as they seem to be more interested in MAC users then making their product universally the same for all platforms.  DISAPPOINTED is all I'm going to say at this point...and ask for a full refund.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Kevin! Please note that this post refers to Luminar as a smart object, not Aurora HDR. Moreover, Luminar Flex will be released soon, that is a plugin version which can be used as a smart object in Photoshop.

Please sign in to leave a comment.