Aurora HDR 2019: Annoying export bug with big files (panoramas etc.)

Comments

23 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Andreas,

Currently Aurora HDR has a size limit of 15,000 pixels on the long edge. Please try resizing your image below 15k pixels and let us know if you're able to export.

Comment actions Permalink
    George Palov

I am also with Andreas.

If Skylum team boast the best HDR app, it should behave like that. And if best, it should be used by professionals also, and as such, they push it to the limit. Try sizing down just doesn't sound serious. Hope by "currently" you mean it will be fixed in future update?

Thank you!

Dmytro Boyko

@George, it's not really a bug, rather a documented limitation. We might change this in the future, but I'm afraid our next update will not fix it.

George Palov

Thank you Daniel,

I didn't say it is a bug. Though it is a bugging limitation :) . Hope your developers remove this limitation, as there are many people dealing with hi-res images.

Best, G

Andreas Marx

Thank you for the quick response.

I have two suggestions:

a) at the very least there need to be a notification with the reason why. A greyed out button in such cases is not enough and won't improve the reputation of Aurora.

b) there are more than a few users out there with 42+ MP sensors (or even cameras with high res mode up to 80MP) and their panoramas might be (much) larger. Are you sure you want to follow the path to intentionally restrict their output?

I can live with the 15000 pix limitation but I am only a private user. Professionals might be less enthusiastic.

Denis Kotsee

This is not a defect but how Aurora works at the moment. We're planning to up the export resolution but a bit later.

Evan Thomas

It’s a defect.

Robert Harrison

Severe limitation.  This behavior would be expected on a trial version, not a paid version.

ALFREDO ALEGRETT

This is just BS, After working for hours I could not saved a picture that was 17486x4261  I followed the suggestion to reduce the size lower that 15000 on the long edge but still could not save it.  You called this POS the best software???? Think NOT

ALFREDO ALEGRETT

If the software can not handle a large file it should not open it and not have all the work waisted cause it can not save the work at the end... Very unhappy

George Carmichael

Just found the same issue with a high altitude panorama using the Sony A7R3.  The preview was gorgeous - just cant export it!!

What a complete mess!

Daniel Novakowski

I cannot export at any dimension, tried taking long edge and dimension way below 15,000 x and export stays grayed out.

Whats the point of editing software if cannot save a usable file??

What is the fix for this????

I've paid for Luminar and Aurora for a few years now, never experienced issues before, now a waste of money.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Daniel,

This issue will be fixed in the next update to Aurora HDR 2019. We apologize for the frustration!

George Carmichael

Questions:

So now we need to upgrade to fix the problem?   

When will 2019 be released?

How much is the upgrade going to cost?

Helena Carter

Hi George,

You don't need to upgrade if you already own Aurora HDR 2019, since it will be an update, and all updates are free. If you own Aurora HDR 2018, you're eligible for a special upgrade price. You can submit the form here and receive your discount: https://skylum.com/aurorahdr/aurorahdr-discount

Currently, we don't have ETA for the next Aurora HDR 2019 update, but we will keep you posted.

Have a great day!

Duane Moore

Professional software engineers know to tell the user what the problem is.  There is more to design than having whiz-bang engines.  The user experience is also important.

Mike Puente

This is a completely stupid limitation, but you can work around as long as you are only using one layer by using the batch feature after saving the preset. I just saved one that was over 30K pixels on the longside.

Peter Kim

Please, please, please bump this up on your list for feature enhancements for Luminar in addition to Aurora HDR!  I use Luminar as a Lightroom plugin to put the finishing touches on my photos; it's the critical piece to my editing workflow that I depend on.  Creating panoramic images is now so easy with Lightroom that anyone can do it without special equipment so extending support for panoramic images exceeding 15000 (L) is a must and the only logical step for your amazing software.  Please make this a priority and be sure to include this enhancement for Luminar as well!

Thanks!

John Cahill

I don't like to hear from representatives of this company that this is not a bug. Anytime your product does not give the user the reason why it wont do something, that's a bug. I can't tell you how many hours I wasted on this (thinking it was something I was doing wrong). On large panos, the HDR engine performs admirably, so exporting should perform as well. Or is it that the jpg processing software that is built into the product to blame? boo!

George Carmichael

When will the update be released that fixes this problem???

George Palov

I stopped waiting for "updates" and fixes and moved on...though I liked AuroraHDR, it's just not for pro use yet! 2018 didn't have batch processing for Windows, 2019 has batch processing bugs and size limitations... This just doesn't work. I guess folks at Skylum are busy with Luminar, but this attitude towards AuroraHDR (Windows) users is not doing them any good and I am sure they've lost some clients because of that. Keep hope alive and wait to see if AuroraHDR 2020 will be fine at last.

Anastasia Davis

Hi! I am afraid there is no ETA for the update yet. At the moment we are focused on Luminar performance. I am sorry for the inconveniences. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.