An Open Letter toAlex Tsepko CEO of Skylum, Co-Founder of Photolemur

Comments

2 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi David,

We want to sincerely apologize for the lack of communication, not informing you on all the peculiarities of the forthcoming DAM/libraries update. 

We will do our best to provide you with all the news regarding the current stage of development and other important points our customers have a right to know.

In December the photo libraries update will be released as a free one to all Luminar 2018 users. 

You can find more info in this post:

https://skylum.com/blog/new-luminar-with-libraries-no-paid-upgrades-and-more

Once again, we are genuinely sorry if this fact undermined your trust in our company. We cherish our users and will try hard as we can to get your support back.

Comment actions Permalink
    Jeff Kovitz

The reason that Skylum is going with the first release and "free" extension is because they have bitten off more than they can chew, and after all the hype, they want to keep users from migrating to say ON1 which is more than competitive.  I like Luminar  (I use it, ON1, Exposure and Affinity as well) but it is still pretty buggy and unreliable at the most inopportune times.  To give them credit, they are slowly fixing it.  The AI Sky Filter is a smart marketing move to keep them in the press while they continue to clean up their product.  But having said that, they are playing a lot of defence right now.  I expect about a year from now they will have cleaned up Luminar and the DAM will be mostly working as "advertised".  Its just a bigger job than they anticipated.  My recommendation:  go crazy and get another piece of software as well, and just tread water until they get this all cleaned up.  Hard to get too fussed with a $99 piece of software.  I

Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.