November 1st update of Luminar with AI Sky Enhancer?

Comments

14 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Michael,

We released the info on our blog on Wednesday and emails went out yesterday. I'm sorry you had to hear from a 3rd party, but we're doing our best to get info out to everyone. We hope you enjoy the AI Sky Enhancer when it is released!

Comment actions Permalink
    Jerry Dean

I received an email yesterday from Skylum, great communication lately.!  Received another one today with another library video.

Michael Anderson

I got the email minutes after I made the post.   I previously looked at the Skylum website and did not find anything.

In any case, the news is a positive. 

Roman Augustyn

I'm really looking forward to it, looks really great.

Mike Perry

I think the article is misleading. It says that the update is available today, but it is not available till November 1.

Tom Pickering

According to that article, it sounds like the update is only going to be for the Mac version.  Is that correct?  Does this mean another instance where us Windows users are being left behind?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Tom,

AI Sky Enhancer is being released for all Luminar 2018 users - Mac and Windows.

What was it in the article that led you to believe it is Mac only? Please let me know and I will suggest an edit to the author so we avoid confusion.

Jeffrey Raines

Confusing situation. I found the sky enhancer by accident. It's in basic presets and I was

searching in filters.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Jeffrey! You are right, there is a sky enhancer preset. But it is not the same as the filter.

The preset is applied to the whole image and doesn't detect the sky. It is basically just an effect.

The filter is a smart and improved version of the preset Sky Enhancer.

Jeffrey Raines

Thank you for the information.

Richard Harrington

The filter is live now.  Launch and update your application.

Here's a detailed briefing on it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJcwzmmVcHw&t=415s

Laurie Sebastiano

my version is 1.3.0.  What's the most recent version number?  I don't see new filter.  How do I update? my "check for updates" is grey.  

Michael Anderson

As of November 1:   "Luminar 2018 1.3.2 is currently the newest version available."

Log onto your account at www.skylum.com.    Under "My Account" at the top right corner, go to "My Software".   That will give you a screen were you there sections for all the different apps you have purchased.   You can hit a download button for the latest version and you can manage your licenses to copy the registration number to put into the app you download.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Laurie,

The latest version is 1.3.2. Are you by chance running Luminar as a plugin with another application? If so, running Luminar as a standalone should make Check for Updates available.

Please sign in to leave a comment.