Luminar: Printing evolution

Comments

4 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Didier,

Thank you for the feedback. I will pass your suggestion to our developers for their consideration. Hopefully we can improve the print functionality (and soft proofing) in Luminar in the future.

Comment actions Permalink
    Nicholas Ellam

I would also like to request improved printing functionality.

It would be great if the user could compare side by side the 'finished' version optimised for screen to the soft proof version using the selected printer/paper colour profile. This would make it far easier to adjust the soft proof version to get it as close as possible to the screen version.

Going forward, could you use AI to automatically compensate for the changes introduced by using the selected printer/paper colour profile?

Daniel Scholz

Hi Nicholas, that's a really great feature suggestion! I'll now forward it to our developers (AI Lab), maybe we'll be able to add this functionality in the future. 

Martin Connolly

I would agree with Nicholas Ellam’s suggestion. Also, a way to print using ICC profiles for the printer/paper combination used is a must for serious printing, for competitions etc. Lightroom’s printing options are really good. You need to get close to that before Luminar can be used for competition printing.

Please sign in to leave a comment.