Aurora HDR 2019 not starting

Comments

11 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi Austin!
    If you are receiving the OpenGL 3.3 and later is required for this application to run or the main part of Aurora's window is black but the photo is visible in the film strip below, make sure your machine meets the minimum requirements listed here: https://skylum.com/aurorahdr/tutorials/2019/system-requirements-for-mac-os-and-windows

If you are sure that your GPU supports OpenGL 3.3 and above, updating your graphics driver should fix this issue. Please make sure to fully uninstall your current graphics drivers before proceeding:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/install/using-device-manager-to-uninstall-devices-and-driver-packages

Update Intel Graphics Drivers:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant

Automatically update AMD Graphics Drivers:

https://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Automatically update NVIDIA Graphics Drivers:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

After you have updated your GPU drivers from the manufacturer’s website, make sure you set your discrete adapter to run Aurora HDR 2019 by default (usually this concerns laptops). Refer to your graphics card's manufacturer's website if you need help with that.

If you're not sure how to check whether your graphics card supports OpenGL 3.3, send us the following information and we'll check it for you:

• Press the Windows logo key + R.
    • Type msinfo32 in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    • In the window that opens, make sure you have System Summary highlighted on the left.
    • Click File > Export.
    • Type the name of the file and save it somewhere where you can easily find it and attach this text file to your reply to this email.

Send us the info to support@skylum.com

Comment actions Permalink
    Austin Tondu

So now i've updated both the intel and nvidia graphics drivers.  Aurora HDR wont even open now.  The opening splash screen starts and the app never fully opens.

Anastasia Davis

@Austin In this case, please send us your system info to support@skylum.com with reference to this post.

Cody Vine

Is there any official fix for this? I have a Surface Book and experienced this same issue. I worked around the issue by disabling one of the two GPU's (Intel 520 HD specifically which is supposed to be OpenGL 4.4 compatible ) in the Surface Book. I also tried setting Aurora to "high performance mode" in Windows 10 so that it would use the better GPU, but that didn't work.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Cody,

OpenGL 3.3  or better is a system requirement for Aurora HDR. 

If you're not sure how to check whether your graphics card supports OpenGL 3.3, send us the following information and we'll check it for you:

• Press the Windows logo key + R.
    • Type msinfo32 in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    • In the window that opens, make sure you have System Summary highlighted on the left.
    • Click File > Export.
    • Type the name of the file and save it somewhere where you can easily find it and attach this text file to your reply to this email.

Send us the info to support@skylum.com

Alain Neuens

I had similar issues with ON1 not recognizing the graficcards capabilities correctly. always open openGL3.3 missing error and not going byond the splash screen. apparently there was a network communication problem but all firewalls were disabled and I installed all the newest drivers for both intel&nvidia without any change but all the testsoftware I could find reported everything was fine with my OpenGL and also other programms like Luminar 2018 worked with openGL without issues.

In the end I did the last thing that one could do in this case, I installed a new virgin windows10 on a second partition and what should I say, now it works. something else I noticed is that my cpu now run cooler and the battery last loger. In my opinion the perconfigured installation from MS is sh*** ehm, less then optimal. 

Backup your stuff copy your data and go for a new installation of W10 without useing the recovery image. (you could try the recovery method but I did a plain installation and installed only the surfacebook w10 package from MS to get all the drivers and afterwards updates from nvidia and intel.

Vernon Hatley

I still can't get Aurora 2019 or Luminar 3 to work my main editing computer. The splash screen comes up then nothing. It works on my laptop but not on my main edit/print computer. Very irritating. 

Angela Andrieux

Hi Vernon,

Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll be happy to investigate the issue.

Same problem as Vernon. The trial version worked fine on the computer, but the paid version is useless. It says it is processing image but after 'making it awsome' (what a joke that is!) the screen goes back to my home screen.

I require a refund as it is not fit for purpose

Alain Neuens

I can only repeat. The problem was specific to the original installation of SB2. I was working for month with support to solve it (my daily work is IT and I hate to surrender without isolating a faults source) But in this case, save your time, do a clean install add the sb2 driverpack from MS and your SB2 will run longer, more stable and skylum software will work too. I never had this problem again since I reinstalled

Angela Andrieux

@Member - Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll be happy to help you.

Please sign in to leave a comment.