No support for new Apple HEIC picture format

Comments

12 comments

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Roman, 

For now, our main priority is the Photo Library implementation.

As far as we release it we will reconsider the possibility of adding this functionality on Windows.

Your understanding is highly appreciated.

Comment actions Permalink
    Roman Augustyn

Hi Anna,

Thanks for a quick response. Not a big problem for me, I was just wandering if perhaps I was doing something wrong. Glad to hear you guys are concentrating on the Library, looking forward to see the functionality.

Guy Meacham

"As far as we release it we will reconsider the possibility of adding this functionality on Windows."

It's comments like this from support people that still make me question the promised goal of Windows / Mac parity. If parity is the goal why is this something that would have to be considered??

Anastasia Davis

Hi Guy! 

Please note that it is not about us, as developers who don't implement some features on the Windows version of the apps. There are some specifics of the OS which don't allow us to do that. Regarding HEIC format, it is not fully supported on Windows OS at the moment. This way, as soon as it is, we will work on it as well.

Guy Meacham

Understood, thanks for the clarification Nastia.

Brian

Hi, I'm using the new Luminar 3 and still no HEIC support on Windows.

This is important because HEIC is the default format of iPhone pictures (I have a bunch of them already), and some of your competitors have started to support HEIC. HEIC on Windows would be a good marketing point.

Richard Versluijs

Hi, I would also appreciate HEIC file support, because all my wife's pictures, shot with her iPhone, are missing in the library on my Windows version of Luminar :-(. Actually I don't understand why Apple always wants to be different from the rest, it always causes problems for their users.

Hope you can fix this soon, best regards.

Angela Andrieux

HEIC support for Windows is planned but I don't have an ETA quite yet.

Clément Costedoat

Hello,
    Any news regarding HEIC support on Windows? It seems that this format is now supported by Windows without any third party app!

Ruud Spanjerberg

Hello

Is there al some information about Luminar 4 for Windows with HEIC formats

Hi Skylum Team: No answer to the question before:
    Is there  some information about Luminar 4 for Windows with HEIC formats?

Kate Williams

Hi,

Most likely, the initial release of Luminar 4 on Windows will be missing this functionality since here are some tech difficulties with the implementation of HEIC files compatibility. Nevertheless, our techs will be working hard to launch its support in one of the following releases. We'll keep you guys posted. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.