Batch Processing Showing Vastly Different Results

Comments

21 comments

Angela Andrieux

HI Yeo,

Thank you for your detailed explanation!

You should definitely be getting the same results form opening/editing and single image as you would with the same setting in batch processing. Would you mind sending us the source files to support@skylum.com so we can try to replicate it on our end?

If the files are too large to email you can use WeTransfer.com and then include the shared link in your email.

A screenshot (cmd-shft-3) of the export dialog when exporting a single image, as well as a screenshot of your batch settings would also be quite helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Comment actions Permalink
    Richard Harrington

I'd suggest checking if you are using the same color settings in both files.

Yeo Wenqi

Hi Richard,

Do you mean colour profile? I tried selecting sRGB for both files, but it still didn't turn out the way I want. In any case, I doubt choosing a different colour profile would produce such drastic difference?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Yeo,

Exporting with different color profiles can indeed cause a difference in the appearance of the export, depending on the app you're using to view the results, and the color profiles in use by your computer/display. However, if you've ensured that the exports - both for a single image and batch - were the same, then there is something else amiss. Our techs will look into the files you send over and will be in touch via email.

HeyJS

I am having the same issue with single image batching specifically. Results are different, using a custom made preset. Sent an email to support with complete screenshots.

Denis Kotsee

Thanks, we'll keep in touch via email.

Yeo Wenqi

Good to know that I'm not alone!

Another question - A19 does automatic processing every time we open an image. I imagine this processing to differ from image to image. Since I am capturing images with the intention of stitching them into a panorama, does (or is it possible to make) batch processing apply identical processing to all of the images, so that the output files, even though being separate images, have matching exposure, white balance, DR, etc? Assuming of course that I kept my camera's settings between shots.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Yeo! At the moment, the algorithms of the Quantum engine work like this. The Tone mapping or the merging of brackets can be analyzed differently due to certain circumstances. The tone mapping is automatic, nevertheless, we are gathering feedback from our users to consider making it an optional feature.

Yeo Wenqi

So do you have any recommendation for my case? Say I have a series of images carefully exposed during capture time to be consistent with each other, how do I run the images via Aurora and still maintain that consistency?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Yeo,

If the images are captured with consistent settings then the results from batch processing should also be consistent across those image.

In running a set like that through batch processing, have you had an issue where the results were inconsistent with each other? I know that you mentioned the batch results and single image processing results differed (which we are looking into), but if you batch the whole set, are there significant differences in the set?

Satyajit Jena

Hi,

I am having the similar issue with single image batch processing. Results are different, both with default preset and custom made preset. I am using MAC version of HDR19 and canon CR2 raw images.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Satyajit,

This is a known issue - our technical department is looking into it right now. We'll do our best to include a fix in the next update for Aurora '19.

Nils Buehler

I am having the exact same issue. This makes the batch function useless for me. 

Jeff Sweet

Outside of the inconsistent results, not having the ability to apply lens corrections via batch processing makes the product unusable for Olympus users. Images have darkened corners when run through batch processing. I can import the same images one set at a time and apply lens corrections, or export from lightroom and it works fine. Makes the product unusable.

Damian Vines

Aurora 2019 and still no fix to this and many other issues, like the batch process not detecting batches of bracketed photos correctly

Helena Carter

Hi, Damian. regarding the batch algorithms, I have replied to you in another thread here: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360002804072-Batch-Processing-Aurora-2018-not-working-correctly

We're improving them in each update as well as the lens corrections issues mentioned by Jeff. We will keep you posted, since currently, we don't have ETA for the next update of Aurora HDR 2019.

Richard Harrington

For those wanting lens correction within batch processing it’s simple. Just make a new pre-set that has the lens corrections included in the reset itself. You can use your own custom settings one batch processing. I typically open up the first set from a location and adjust the settings for the job. Then I save a preset. Then I can batch process using my own preset on several different shots. I hope that helps.

Richard Harrington

Also, in the batch process window, you can easily adjust any images that didn’t auto group correctly. Just drag them into the correct group before you start the job. There are several factors that can affect us. If some of the brackets have little to no detail auto group thing can be difficult. Additionally if the brackets were shot manually and the timestamps are far apart, the software may not be able to detect the brackets. This is why you can easily drag him come by to check the job before you submit it.

HeyJS

Can it really be that this issue has not been addressed for over a year? Still can't single batch images at all.......waiting and waiting for an update, for over a YEAR?

Damian Vines

I know, crazy right! This company, if they still exist, gave us about two months worth of communication and updates when the software first came out, since then total radio silence, I have to assume at this point they’ve completely abandon this software :-( thanks a lot :-(

Joshua Vega

When will this issue be fixed?

Please sign in to leave a comment.