I am a new user of Aurora'19 and have been toying with it just over the past 2 days. Results are good, until I decided to do batch processing.
From my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong), batch processing allows me to process multiple images using the exact same settings (aka "Look"). This is important for me because I like shooting multi-image panoramas, and would like to process them before stitching. However, I noticed that images processed using batch processing ends up looking vastly different from those processed using "Open image..." button. In fact, they look closer to my out-of-camera-jpeg than anything.
I noticed this for my collection of 6 images for a panorama. They are shot as single images, not bracketed.
What I did was this
- Loaded an image within the series which is representative of the overall panorama exposure.
- Started by selecting a preset look. In this case, I chose Landscape > Better sunrise.
- Tweaked the settings on the right. I did a few adjustments, the most primary one being the exposure, others were relatively minor.
- Saved the Look by clicking on "Save as Aurora HDR Look...". I coose the image name of the reference image as the Look name, in this case "0419".
- I also saved the file via File > Save As..., just in case. For comparison, I exported an image here.
- Then I opened batch processing, selected all 6 images in the series, chose "Single image" instead of "Bracketed HDR", and clicked Process. I changed to User Aurora HDR Look, and selected the "0419" preset created earlier. Slider set to 100.
- Clicked process and wait.
What I noticed is that the image obtained from step 7 (batch processing) looks entirely different from the one at step 5 (export). Even if I were to select a single image (instead of multiple) during step 6, the result is still the same. See image below. 1: out-of-camera JPG (note that I used RAW for Aurora HDR). 2: batch. 3: exported.
This behaviour is also observed when using built-in presets instead of user looks.
Do I have the wrong understanding of the working mechanism of batch processing or am I doing something wrong here?
Any guidance will be much appreciated here.
Thanks a million.
Please sign in to leave a comment.