Export action greyed out in export dialog

Comments

18 comments

Denis Kotsee

Could you please post a screenshot of your export window?

Comment actions Permalink
    Evan Thomas

Screen shot with default settings attached.

Denis Kotsee

At the moment there's a cap on the export resolution. Try resizing by the long edge and change the length to anything below 15k px, and the export should work normally.

Evan Thomas

As per my original post, resizing makes no difference, including sizes below below 15k px.

Also, why is there a limit on export resolution? I though this product was aimed at serious photographers. Where is this limitation documented? What other limitations does the product have that we should be aware of? 

Evan.

Gary Wells

I to am having the same issue. So I tried your suggestion, it to does not work.

I have tried every file format, size after size. 

Seems Skylum might have released this version a bit early. I guess for know I am continue to use 2018

SAD....

Evan Thomas

Hi Gary,

seems they won't believe us unless we do screen shot so I've added one.

If I import a smaller image it works. It looks like they don't even where the limitations in their product are.

This is poor.

Gary Wells

Evan, 

Seems to me, this is one option that should not have a problem. As you mentioned "serious photographers". 

For now, the only way around this I have found, is to export the file through Lightroom, then do the editing, apply and send it back to Lightroom for sizing and export. 

Thanks Skylum for making things more difficult. Looks like you need to have a chat with AI.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Gary & Evan,

Thank you for all of the info you have provided. It has been very helpful. Our developers are aware of the issue with resizing large images and are working to resolve it.

Evan Thomas

Hi Angela,

the problem is exporting not resizing. Please get exporting fixed.

Evan.

Anthony Brenelière

If it was a bug it would have been resolved quickly by developers. I submitted the problem 7 months ago and it's not done yet: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360006248332-Saving-a-25812-x-12906-panorama

When developers are asked about the exporting problem, they respond about an issue for downsizing the image before export. Because yes if you have imported a big panorama and worked for one hour, you cannot do anything with it, not event downsize it.

The only explanation I have is there may be a commercial limitation with the HDR engine maker. It means Skylum is not the owner of the process engine, and would not have considered the 15000 px limitation clause in the contract. 

It's like buying a Ferrari that has a 50 mph limitation and you should be happy with that.

Anastasia Davis

@Anthony I am sorry if it caused you any inconveniences. You are right. it is not a bug. The export is limited to 15000 on the edge. We are working hard on the software so to improve it. We will do our best to increase the export size in the future.

Rob Holmes

I just wanted to report in, I'm unable to 'Export' an image at any dimension. 'Export' is grayed out whether the long edge is 15000 or 150. 

Maryna Skylum

@Rob Holmes

Please, send us the original image file, so we can test it on our side. Here's how:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it may ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and send it to us at support@skylum.com.
    Geoffrey Liu

Forget HDR panoramas I guess.

Dave Haynie

So, I have just run into this same problem, which seems to have been around for about a year. I'm new to Aurora HDR... is this the kind of support I should expect?  As with the others, it doesn't matter what I select, what I set for resizing, etc. And just as bad, there's no indication as to what the application is waiting for. 

My original is a DNG merged as an HDR-Panorama in Lightroom, 17696x4888 pixels in size. It loads and behaves as expected in Aurora, far as I can tell. 

If I load into Aurora via file copy though the Lightroom "Edit In" menu, Aurora reads the file and saves it. But this file is clipped relative to the HDR DNG, so this is unacceptable. It seems almost like the program sets a "read only" flag on import of the DNG which is blocking the export for absolutely no reason. Apparently this is an immensely complex problem, saving a file, since you all haven't fixed it iin 10 months. Saving is a pretty important part of any useful photo editor, eh? 

Anthony Brenelière

I successfully exported 5 Tiff files 27500x11500 from Lightroom to Aurora HDR, and exported the merged file back to lightroom. But there were features in Aurora HDR I could not use (I don't remember which ones) or my exported file in Light room was corrupted (I had green matrix like vertical lines in the exported image).

Helga Rowles

Hi Dave, as my colleague has mentioned, currently in Aurora there's a cap at 15000 pixels on the long edge meaning that an image has to fit it in order for Aurora to be able to export it.

Dave Haynie

The time to tell me that the program cannot handle a professional workload is prior to purchase. Or at the very least, while I am loading my photo. The current behavior, allowing me to load the image, work on it, then simply grey out the export button without explanation is unacceptable. Clearly a big you have decided not to even address in the code.

Please sign in to leave a comment.