Aurora HDR 2019 batch processing bug

Comments

9 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi Mike! Thanks for paying attention to this. We will examine the issue and work on it.

Comment actions Permalink
    George Palov

I updated the topic in DPReview

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4327294#forum-post-61839269

this is just not serious... I backed you up with preorder, tried it first when came out, Windows version was WAY behind MAC, but price the same... I make thousands of bracketed sets, and AuroraHDR was useless without batch processing. Then came batch processing and I tried it again, and again disappointed...Is an update fixing this in progress. Really, except for some fiddling with single images, for me AuroraHDR is useless (and I really like the software, but tresults are not consistent)

Best regards, George

Angela Andrieux

Hi George,

Yes, we are working on an update to fix this issue. I don't have a release date I can share, but it is in the works.

George Palov

Thank you Angela, this sounds promissing. Hope Skylum team does it right and many people start using AuroraHDR again.

Best regards, George

François Houte

Hi, 

I just have purchased Aurora because I want to make better HDR 360° (I am specializing in virtual tour production).

First after having made my own preset, I try it in batch mode, the result is very different and I have on electric line brown blur around them that is very ugly and not natural at all :

Usually I have to batch 20 to 50 panoramas that mean 80 to 200 images to put on HDR process. I really need to use the batch process but if the result is not good at all with Aurora, I have spent my money for nothing, for now it is disappointing. Please tell me there is a way to use the batch and get the same result as one-to-one HDR photo ! Regards,

Victoria Grace

Hi Francois,

Could you please send me screenshots of the settings you choose before you do the batch processing?

François Houte

Hi Victoria,

I experience lots of problems with Aurora , first I have noticed that HDR with my raw file (NEF) are not good at all because of the chromatic fringe (I have checked the correction but it is still noticeable) : You can see ugly pink points and lots of noise everywhere

Is this the same for everyone with using Raw or is this a bug on windows only or on NEF Nikon file only  ?

The same HDR with JPG files is much better (should be the opposite):

I notice also lots of blur on shy zone from dark objets if remove ghost is activated :

here the same with unchek remove ghots :

All screen shot is made just after the HDR process (everything reinitializes) on one photo mode.

On Batch Mode I have noticed that uncheck remove ghost also changes the blur around electric lines, but I need to remove ghosts so what can I do ???

Is this the same for everyone with deghosting feature or is this a bug on windows only ?

For now I get better result with enfuseGUI (that was my standard) , I have purchased Aurora because I thought that using Raw and deghosting will make my images better, that is obviously not the case.

Regards,

François Houte

Hi Victoria,

I am following the video tutorial on Aurora from Serge Ramelli on YouTube but I can't do the same thing as he does :

- See the black part of the image with Alt key on black setting (idem for whites) (maybe another key on windows ?)

- How can I add the bracketing layer from the image (the option is not present)

Is there any difference between Mac and Windows version of the software, if yes can you tell me why ?

Regards,

Kirk Osborn

Hi. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we will investigate your case further.

Could you also send us the original files that you're working with?

Here's how you can send us the files:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Please sign in to leave a comment.