Help!! Aurora 2019 crashed when it open the native HDR save file

Answered

Comments

75 comments

Lawrence Wong

Hi Helena,

Thank you for your follow up and getting back to us. Aurora 2019 is so close to a wonderful editing software, but the crashing issue really makes me can't put it on the workflow. I was trying to edit my client's real estate photos on it, but Aurora 2019 just keeps crashing and even I can't open the project file at all, numbers of working hours just gone. 

If any of our comments are slightly over, I apologize for that, but meanwhile, please kindly understand that we are way too frustrated about this crashing bug. We spent hundred dollars on the software, then waiting for almost 2 years for the bug fixing, but the software crashing bug still persists. This is the first time I experience such frustration about using a new software. 

Helena, please don't take it personally, you already help the community a lot, really appreciate it.  I just feel like Skylum only care about selling the software, but not listen to the user and fix the critical software bugs.

Meanwhile, would you mind kindly let me know how can I apply the refund of the software? Thank you.

Best,

Lawrence

Comment actions Permalink
    Helena Carter

Hi Lawrence,

Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll be happy to help you with issuing a refund.

Alan Gow

Hi Helena, that's great and commendable that you are happy to refund Lawrence.  However, the real question that I (and I am sure many other Aurora users) have is "are Skylum going to fix this bug and when?"  I really like Aurora and continue to use it but it is such a lottery as to whether the native files I save will ever reopen.  I don't bother saving many these days.  Can you please find out the answers to these questions. 

cyber il

This thread was opened one year ago, many user files files were asked to "reproduce the bug" a fix was promised for february and NOTHING were ever done!

Happy anniversary to this thread!

:'(

Chris Scarisbrick

Very poor indeed!  I am experiencing the exact symptoms as many above...I can only assume that a fix is either impossible or will not be forthcoming?!

Vita Bergman

Hi Chris!

We do not abandon the idea of fixing problems in Aurora HDR 2019.

However, the development of one function sometimes entails many technical difficulties that we need to overcome.

cyber il

@vita => LOL!

In wich world a full year is not enough to "overcome" a buffer overflow?
    In this one, 10 days is enough.

Lawrence Wong

Thank you everyone who has reported the same software crash problem here, the Aurora 2019 is so close to perfect, but the software crashing issue makes it useless, hopefully the tech team is not giving up on this software and finding a way to fix the critical software issue in the couple of months.

But actually, if you are still looking forward to the crashing issue being fixed, I have to tell you another bad news about the bug I found. I tried the software again few months ago, I pull up the hdr project file:

1. then adding a mask by using the Brush Tool, I was trying to adjust the hdr details on a small part on my hdr picture.

2. Following that I added a 2nd mask layer by also using the Brush Tool to extend the previous mask.

***** Then the previous mask layer just disappears, gone !!  I know how to use the Brush Tool to create mask on Aurora 2019 and I have done it few times before, but only this time I created 2 mask layers which stacks together.

I have tried another hdr project, same bug happened.  I am quite sure the tech team should look into this software further to fix the bugs and the QA team should even work harder to find the issues before the users complain it again.

I really like the Aurora 2019, its so promising, even some features are more advanced than Lightroom, but the software crashing issue and the mask layer bugs I found are, just ruin this great software.  

Just a small advice, the tech team should consider to ask more real world users to test the software liked what we did, found the software issues, fix the bugs before you push the software to the market.

Thank you.

Lawrence

Paul Bu

I have the same issue. When Aurora crashed, my system logged the error ( detail attached below).  

Log Name: Application
    Source: .NET Runtime
    Date: 3/2/2020 4:06:18 PM
    Event ID: 1026
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: 
    Description:
    Application: Aurora HDR 2019.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException
    at <Module>.mipl.compressImageData<class mipl::_ImageData<struct mipl::PixelRGB<float> > >(std.vector<unsigned char,std::allocator<unsigned char> >*, mipl._ImageData<mipl::PixelRGB<float> >*, Int32)
    at MiplWrapper.MiplImage.GetCompressedData()
    at Common.Core.Managers.CacheManager.AddMiplImageToCache(MiplWrapper.MiplImage)
    at Aurora.Core.Documents.AuroraImageDocument.LoadImage(System.Collections.Generic.List`1<System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<System.String,Single>>, MiplWrapper.HDRSettingWrapper, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[[System.Boolean, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].InnerInvoke()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
    at Aurora.Core.Documents.AuroraImageDocumentContainer+<CreateImage>d__20.MoveNext()
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
    at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-03-02T21:06:18.491830100Z" />
    <EventRecordID>12537</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>XXXXXXXX</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>Application: Aurora HDR 2019.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException
    at &lt;Module&gt;.mipl.compressImageData&lt;class mipl::_ImageData&lt;struct mipl::PixelRGB&lt;float&gt; &gt; &gt;(std.vector&lt;unsigned char,std::allocator&lt;unsigned char&gt; &gt;*, mipl._ImageData&lt;mipl::PixelRGB&lt;float&gt; &gt;*, Int32)
    at MiplWrapper.MiplImage.GetCompressedData()
    at Common.Core.Managers.CacheManager.AddMiplImageToCache(MiplWrapper.MiplImage)
    at Aurora.Core.Documents.AuroraImageDocument.LoadImage(System.Collections.Generic.List`1&lt;System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2&lt;System.String,Single&gt;&gt;, MiplWrapper.HDRSettingWrapper, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[[System.Boolean, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].InnerInvoke()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
    at Aurora.Core.Documents.AuroraImageDocumentContainer+&lt;CreateImage&gt;d__20.MoveNext()
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
    at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Austin Miller

Hi Paul. Please send us the crash logs to our email address so we can investigate the issue further - support@skylum.com

Hjörleifur Sveinbjörnsson

Hmm.. the problem seems still to be there, but I have updated everything on my windows 10 laptop (asus zenbook, with i7 cpu and nvidia gforce gtx 960M and intel graphic card) and recently updated aurora and luminar. To try to solve this I have tried to uninstall both luminar and aurora (several times) and install it again, but without luck it allways gives me the same result.

It works fine to create a new HDR from raw files with CR2 (Canon format). Then I save it as .auh. When I try to open it again auroroa does not always crash but hangs forever in the "making it awesome" stage (the last one).

But when I use it as plugin from Luminar it behaves similar but then it always crashes.

Just to be sure I created a new user on the laptop. copied 3 pictures to that account and did this:

1. opened 3 images and created hdr and saved as .auh. Closed Aurora and opened again and opend the saved .auh file without problems

2. did some editing on the file and saved as a new name. Closed Aurora and opened again and opend the new file without problems.

3. did a 16:9 crop and saved the file. Closed Aurora and opened again. Opened the file and it hang in the final touches to make it awesome and after about 10 minutes I just closed the program. So I guess the next step is to try to repair the registry of windows 10. But the best solution would be to have a Linux support for Aurora and Luminar (should not be a huge problem since it is available for mac which is also a unix based system (freebsd in the core).

All other apps work normally on the computer so it is a bit strange that it is only Aurora that seems to be failing for many users

Charles Ragucci

This crash on opening auh files is still an issue today 

Austin Miller

Hi Charles. Could you please send us the crash logs?:

please send us event logs:

1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your email to support@skylum.com

Here is the video tutorial on how to collect logshttps://www.loom.com/share/d7d8325cb83b4539a0a2dae3ebf286f6 

Charles Ragucci

Hello Austin Miller I sent support@skylum a copy of my crash logs. Please Advise 

Margaret Bright

Hi Charles,

Thank you for getting back to us. Please expect a reply from our support team shortly. They will assist you further.

Please sign in to leave a comment.